Southern California District Rejects Plan to Store Water in Mojave Desert
- Economic and Environmental Regulatory Reform: the Case of the Scottish Water Industry. Sawkins, John W.; Dickie, Valerie A // Hume Papers on Public Policy;2000, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p74
Focuses on the main economic and institutional issues raised by the changes in regulatory arrangements for the water industry in Scotland. Environmental regulation of the water and sewerage services after World War II; Privatization of the English and Welsh Regional Water Authorities in 1989;...
- Florida water authority meets deadline in expansion effort. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;01/08/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30306, p29
Reports that Florida's West Coast Regional Water Authority has met another deadline in its plan to become the sole water supplier for the Tampa Bay region. Estimated value of bonds authority should collect in 1998; Actions taken by the authority to ensure that water remains available; Petition...
- Area Water Deal Awaits Handshake, Signatures. Zion, Lee // San Diego Business Journal;4/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p6
Reports on a surface storage operating agreement between San Diego County Water Authority and Metropolitan Water District (MWD) of Southern California. Terms of the agreement; MWD's use of San Diego's reservoirs to store its water; Benefits of the agreement.
- Discussion on 'A water resources management strategy for small water districts - a case study of the South East Kelowna irrigation district'1. Rayne, Sierra // Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering;Dec2013, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p1252
In this article, the author discusses the article "A Water Resources Management Strategy for Small Water Districts--A Case Study of the South East Kelowna Irrigation District," by M. Cresswell and G. Naser that was published in a 2013 issue of the "Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering."
- Tenure issue misunderstood. Chapman, Sara // Crain's Detroit Business;8/13/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p6
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Faculty Talks Test Wayne State Board."
- North Georgia Metropolitan Water Planning District. // Georgia Trend;Jul2001, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p44
Features North Georgia Metropolitan Water Planning District. Purpose for the creation of the water district; Members and staff; Source of funds.
- HDPE Projects Help Utah's Dixie Region Stay Leak Free. Henning, Tyler // WaterWorld;May2010, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p24
The article reports that the Washington County Water Conservancy District in Washington County, Utah has been using high-density polyethylene (HDPE) leak-free and easy to install pipe to provide the county's growing population with enough supply of water.
- San Diego, Imperial water deal splashes along. Owens, Howard // San Diego Business Journal;7/29/96, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p4
Focuses on a draft proposal calling for San Diego, California to purchase water from Imperial County. Approval given by the water districts in both counties; Amount of water to be transferred; Questions regarding the required infrastructure.
- Bulk water station cuts theft, aids billing. // WaterWorld;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p44
Reports that the water district of Castle Rock, Colorado, constructed a bulk water station to improve monitoring and billing for its construction water operations. Water district's partnership with Hot Box in the construction of the water station.