Leaning on Liquor, Ohio Uses Unusual Backing for Bonds
- Organized criminals need not apply. C.S. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;9/20/93, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p7
Reveals that the main office of Alberta's Liquor Control Board received over 600 inquiries about how to obtain a private retail license within one day of Municipal Affairs Minister Steve West's announced sale of Alberta's state-run stores. Apparent Alberta will fall drastically short of a pure...
- Private liquor stores--not so free after all. Verburg, Peter // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;11/15/93, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p22
Looks at Edmonton Bylaw No. 10581 which isolates liquor stores as a special class of business for zoning purposes. It could keep liquor stores out of small neighborhood strip malls and require traffic studies before liquor superstores could open for business. Licenses issued by Alberta Liquor...
- Spirits not so down. // Beverage Industry;Aug96, Vol. 87 Issue 8, p23
Presents an overview of the liquor industry in the United States for 1994. Decline in spirits consumption; Industry sales.; Top liquor brands.
- Drying out. Burnham, John C. // Cobblestone;Oct93, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p23
Focuses on attempts to get rid of the liquor industry during Prohibition. Supporters of Prohibition; Opponents; Bootlegging; The change in the country's drinking habits that Prohibition brought about.
- It's not last call for bids on liquor distribution. Bodwin, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;11/1/93, Vol. 9 Issue 44, p4
Reports on the extension of the deadline for bids on Michigan's liquor distribution system. Revision of privatization plans on the system; Provision of own storage by private companies distributing liquor for the state; Unavailability of state-owned warehouses; Other developments on proposed...
- The spirits are restless for more sales and innovation. Prince, Greg W. // Beverage World;8/31/95, Vol. 114 Issue 1598, p20
Focuses on the performance of the liquor industry in the United States in 1994. Consumption; Percentage growth from 1993; Product offerings; Marketing schemes; Market trends.
- Spirits scope. // Beverage World;9/1/96, Vol. 115 Issue 1623, p46
Updates on various issues concerning the United States liquor industry as of September 1996. Includes the revamp of the Breezer low-alcohol refreshers by the Bacardi family; William Grant & Sons' launching of Bols Blue Bayou lemonade; Appointment of Domecq Importers as exclusive American...
- Spirits scope. // Beverage World;10/1/96, Vol. 115 Issue 1625, p38
Presents news items related to the liquor industry. Includes Heublein Inc.'s offering of the Black Velvet Blended Canadian Whisky; Small Batch Straight Bourbon Whiskies' gift ideas; Helsinki, Finland-based Primalco Ltd.'s deal with Brown-Forman Beverages Worldwide.
- Liquor complaints. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;05/19/97, Vol. 13 Issue 20, p4
Presents information on the issue of liquor-privatization. Views of Liquor Control Commission Chairman, Phil Arthurhultz; Problems which licensees have with the distributors; Efforts to solve the issue of delivery-time delivery predictability.