Gramm Moving to UBS Warburg LLC
- Long-Time CU Ally, Gramm, To Join Firm. // Credit Union Journal;10/14/2002, Vol. 6 Issue 41, p8
Reports that long-time credit union ally Texas Republican Phil Gramm will join investment bank UBS Warburg as a vice chairman after his retirement from the Senate in the end of 2002. Role of Gramm in the bank; Contributions made by Gramm in the improvement of financial services.
- Sen. Gramm Going to MBS Giant UBS. // National Mortgage News;10/14/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p22
Reports the plan of senator Phil Gramm to take the vice chairman job at UBS Warburg in the U.S. Retirement of Gramm; Rank of UBS Warburg in the mortgage-backed securities in the third quarter of 2002.
- Gramm Takes Job at UBS Warburg. Heller, Michele // American Banker;10/8/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 193, p4
Reports on the announcement made by the Texas senator Phil Gramm that he will join UBS Warburg Co. as the vice president for a board role in the company. Responsibilities placed under his charge; Usefulness of Gramm's congress career; Gramm's connection to Texas A&M University; Gramm's...
- Phil Gramm and the politics of principle. Shearer, Kent // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/22/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p23
Focuses on the political career of Texas Republican senator Phil Gramm. Election of Gramm as a Democrat to the Congress; Policies and legislations written by Gramm; Contributions of Gramm to the society.
- Gramm, Securities Industry's Ally, Won't Seek New Term. Hume, Lynn; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/5/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31217, p5
Reports the decision of Senator Phil Gramm not to seek reelection to the Senate in the United States. Reasons of Gramm; Career highlights of the senator; View of various sector concerning the contribution of Gramm in the Senate.
- Senator Gramm Seeks to Put Brakes on the Predatory Bandwagon. Bailey, Dawn // National Mortgage News;08/28/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p3
Reports on the efforts of United States Senator Phil Gramm to prevent predatory lending. Clear definition of predatory lending sought by Gramm in preparation for legislation governing the practice; Agencies with authority to act against predatory lending.
- Gramm Will Leave Big Hole in Senate. Robinson, Matthew // Human Events;9/10/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the resignation of United States Senator Phil Gramm. Various statements of other politicians regarding his resignation; Background on his congressional career; Legislative contributions.
- The Gramm reaper. Shapiro, Walter // Esquire;Jul94, Vol. 122 Issue 1, p32
Profiles Senator Phil Gramm of Texas. Qualities that make him a likely candidate for presidency; Comparison with former President Lyndon Johnson; Criticisms against President Bill Clinton.
- Gramm Bill Splits Industry. BROSTOFF, STEVEN // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;03/01/99, Vol. 103 Issue 9, p1
Focuses on the insurance reform bill introduced by Banking Committee Chairman Phil Gramm, the representative of Texas. Problems of insurance companies with the bill; Concerns of insurance agents; Testimony of Treasury Secretary Robert Rubin against the legislation.