S&P Downgrades Buffalo, N.Y., Water Authority a Week Before Trip to Market
- N.Y.'s Nyack Hospital Off Fitch's Rating Watch Negative. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;1/16/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31554, p29
Reports on an expected improvement in ratings of the debt of Nyack Hospital in New York by credit rating company Fitch Ratings Inc. Upgrade in ratings by U.S.-based Moody's Investors Service Inc.; Reasons cited for improvement in ratings; Measures taken to revive the hospital's financial position.
- S&P Ups N.Y. Not Just One Step, But Two. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31041, p1
Reports on the rating of New York State's outstanding general obligation debt rating as of December 20, 2000. Improvement of the financial performance of the state; Creation of additional reserves.
- Bonding for Clemson. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p35
Focuses on the sale of triple-A rated revenue bonds worth multi-million dollars for Clemson University, South Carolina. Winner of the bid; Primary objective of issuing bonds.
- Reoffering Yields. // Bond Buyer;1/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31298, p36
Presents data related to yields of reoffered bonds in the U.S. as of January 7, 2002. Amount details and credit ratings of offerings made by several companies.
- Phoenix Rises From the Recession With $260 Million GO Issue. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/21/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31391, p30
Reports on the credit ratings of general obligation bonds of the government in Phoenix, Arizona. Recovery from economic recession; Projections of valuation growth; Improvement city parks and facilities.
- Flaunting Upgrade, San Antonio's AA-Plus Utility Sets $573M Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31446, p1
Reports the marketing of electric and gas system revenue bonds of the City Public Service in San Antonio, Texas. Credit rating of the bonds; Reimbursement for cash spent on gas distribution systems; Conversion of the computer system.
- Moody's Puts Palm Beach County, Fla., in Gilt-Edged Territory. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/15/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31450, p34
Reports the increasing general obligation bond rating of the Palm Beach County in Florida. Enhancement of the refunding bond sale; Amount of the average per capita income; Recognition of the diverse economic base.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Wiliams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/18/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31494, p35
Reports economic developments in the U.S. and Hawaii as of October 2002. Alteration of the credit rating of Oakland Unified School District; Increase of Medicare reimbursements; Presentation of bond measure to the voters.
- Rating Divergence For India. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/9/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 33, p7
Reports that Fitch's BB+ local rating on India as of December 2002 is at risk, due to concerns about the government's ability to adhere to deficit targets. Predicted deficit in 2002 through 2003; Rise in foreign exchange reserves; Illustration of diversification into equities as an alternative...
- A RATINGS WINNER. Woodifield, Peter // CA Magazine;Jun/Jul2000, Vol. 133 Issue 5, p46
Explains why a company may need a credit rating. Importance of a good rating; Complexity of getting a rating; Two principal rating agencies; Requirement for getting a rating; Why rating agencies try to avoid changing the ratings frequently.