NEWS IN BRIEF
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Barnett, Chip; Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;7/10/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31177, p2
Reports developments related to finance in the United States as of July 2001. Focus on retail and producer prices as economic indicators; Increase of consumer credits; Decision of Moody's Investors Service to increase the rating of the bonds of Vermont Municipal Bond Bank.
- Conflicting messages. Kern, David // Accountancy;Mar2006, Vol. 137 Issue 1351, p70
The article discusses global markets with respect to threats to growth, and offsetting the dangers of inflation and deflation. The article cites concerns over low bond yields, particularly with respect to U.S. 10-year treasury bonds. There is also anxiety caused by the huge U. S. foreign deficit...
- MONEY, CREDIT, AND SECURITY MARKETS. // Economic Indicators;Jun2004, Vol. 109 Issue 6, p26
Provides various charts and graphs on the U.S. financial markets as of May 2004. Components of money stock; Increase in total commercial bank loans and leases; Data on consumer credit; Interest rates and bond yields.
- After Direct-Pay Option Is Added, QSCBs Stay Strong. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;8/9/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33363, p6A
The article reports on the 2.283% increase in the qualified school construction bond (QSCB) issues in Washington in the first half of 2010.
- THE BOND BUYER: TOP 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;12/12/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33630, p8
The article offers news briefs related to bonds in 2011 in the U.S. including Governmental Accounting Standards Board's five-year forecasts, 148 million dollars settlement between Wachovia Bank NA and Wells Fargo Bank NA, and Golden State Tobacco Securitization Corp.'s 12 million dollars reserves.
- RFP Calendar. // Bond Buyer;9/2/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33177, p11
The article presents the deadline of request for proposal to act as bond counsel on bond issue in the U.S.
- News Bank. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);7/29/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p6
The article reports on the seizure of 134.5 billion U.S. bonds by smugglers who attempted to cross the border into Switzerland.
- NORTHEAST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;11/7/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33611, p8
A chart is presented depicting data on the government invisible supplies in U.S. states such as New York and Pennsylvania.
- Competitive Bond Offerings. // Bond Buyer;10/12/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33597, p14
A chart is presented which lists the competitive bond offerings in the U.S. form October 12-20, 2011 which includes the Jasper County in South Carolina, Greene County in Ohio, and Loudon County in Tennessee.