Milking Low Interest Rates
- DOT Ramping Up Private-Use Debt Program for Road Projects. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/11/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32235, p44
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Department of Transportation not to issue extensive regulations to carry out a provision in the recently enacted transportation law that would allow private companies to use tax-exempt private-activity bonds to finance highway construction in the U.S. Response...
- Illinois' Regional Transportation Authority Readies $260M Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/2/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32436, p5
The article reports on the plans by the Regional Transportation Authority of Illinois to return to the tax-exempt market in September 2006 with a general obligation sale of up to $260 million of bonds. The fixed-rated competitive sale is scheduled for mid-September 2006. The final size of the...
- San Diego government group to help toll road builder gain tax-free status. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;06/29/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30672, p32
Reports that the San Diego Association of Governments has agreed to help the California Transportation Ventures Inc. obtain $350 million in tax-exempt financing to build a toll road. Structure of the tax-exempt bonds.
- Allowing Tax-Exempt Use with WIFIA Loans Will Lower Borrowing Costs. Hume, Lynn // Bondbuyer.com;12/10/2015, p1
A provision in the new transportation funding law that lifts the ban on using tax-exempt bonds in conjunction with federal loans will result in lower borrowing costs for water utilities, Fitch Ratings said on Thursday.
- Market Midday Post: Munis Continue Gains, Helped by Primary, Puerto Rico. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;10/31/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34005, p1
The article focuses on gains reported by tax-exempt market muni in context of primary Puerto Rico bonds to help traders. Topics include 0.5 percent institutional pricing yield with a 3 percent and 5 percent coupon in a split 2016 maturity, bond to be matured in 2014 and 2015 will be offered by...
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;12/26/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31291, p31
Presents information on the short-term tax exempt yields of bonds in the United States as of December 26, 2001. Comparison between municipal market data of December 21, 2001 and December 22, 2000; Performance of Lehman Brothers money market municipal index; Comparison between First Albany...
- Virginia Moving Ahead With $160 Million, Public-Private Road Deal. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/26/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31352, p4
Reports developments in the tax-exempt bond deal for financing road improvements in Virginia. Cooperation between the counties of Fairfax and Loudoun, and the Shirley Contracting Corp. private developer; Expenditure of the special tax on commercial real estate; Estimation of project cost.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;4/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31362, p36
Presents a chart depicting the short-term tax-exempt yields in the U.S.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;4/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31363, p33
Presents a chart depicting short-term tax-exempt yields in the U.S.