Counsel: Orange County Sees More Court Time in Property Tax Case
- Rent restrictions taken into account for tax assessment. // Appraisal Journal;Oct2002, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p359
Focuses on a court case between the owners of Greens of Pine Glen (GPG) LP and the County Board of Equalization and the Property Tax Commission in North Carolina regarding the inclusion of real estate tax assessment in rent restrictions. Purpose of the establishment of the apartment; Claims of...
- Practice and Procedure for Hearings Before the Property Tax Appeal Board, 86 Ill. Adm. Code 1910. // Illinois Register;6/15/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 24, p9000
The article offers information on the July 2012 Regulatory Agenda published by the Property Tax Appeal Board of Illinois. It highlights the practice and procedure for hearings before the Property Tax Appeal Board. It mentions the statutory authority, scheduled hearing dates, and the effect on...
- Tax Levy. // Assessment Journal;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p81
Summarizes the court's decision on the property tax levy case of County Collector of Cook County, Illinois. Background of the case; Basis for the court's decision.
- Constitutional Issues. // Assessment Journal;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p67
Reviews the court case Collier County versus Florida State which focused on unauthorized property tax. Decision of the trial court; Mandate of the Florida Constitution on taxation laws; Contention of the county in contrast with what the general law provides.
- Shoreham schools hit hard by ruling on power plant. Golden, Mary Kaye // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/5/94, Vol. 41 Issue 36, p17
Reports on the New York State Supreme Court Appellate's decision that Suffolk County, Shoreham-Wading River School District and Brookhaven Town in New York should pay back LI Lighting Co.'s (LILCO) overcharge in taxes. Supreme Court's refund order; Opposition from county and school officials;...
- City Crossing bankruptcy case dismissed. O'REILEY, TIM // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/24/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 47, pP16
The article reports that U.S. Bankruptcy Court Judge Bruce Markell dismissed the bankruptcy case of City Crossing on November 12, 2008. Judge Markell dismissed this case after William Plise, the City Crossing project developer, refused to pay $647,000 in property taxes. According to the author,...
- Village censured for handling of property tax case. Markus, Stuart // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);111/2/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 45, p18A
Reports that a New York state Supreme Court judge has ordered the Village of Hempstead to pay a local automobile dealership 7500 dollars in legal costs and sanctions in a property tax certiorari case. Overview of the case; Comments of judge on the assessment of sanctions.
- Berlin's tax dispute. // New Hampshire Business Review;5/10/96, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p12
Reports on the ruling on the property tax suit filed by the city of Berlin, New Hampshire against Crown Vintage. Issue of taxable real estate in the chemical recovery unit installed at the company's paper mill in 1973; Details of the case.
- Raise Our Taxes, Please. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/21/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33436, p7
The article reports on lawsuit filed by a group of parents in Johnson County Unified School District 512 in Kansas asking the government that the local district be allowed to raise the property tax levy.