Arizona Budget Cuts Are Likely To Hit Cities and Schools Hard
- Cook County, Ill., Board Faces Deadline to Pass $3B Budget. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31823, p32
Reports that Cook County, Illinois Board of Commissioners will be under pressure to work out their differences to reconsider a proposed fiscal 2004 budget. Plans of Cook to issue new-money bonds; Issuance of the bonds to pay for projects that the board has already approved; Proposal of Board...
- FAR WEST BOND-WATCH. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/20/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31825, p39
Reports on developments in the bond market in the U.S., as of February 2004. General obligation bond issues presented by the Anchorage school district to voters in Alaska; Proposal to settle the fiscal problem in California; Proposed budget plan of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in California;...
- Puerto Rico Readies $1.4B Sales Tax Deal. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;1/25/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33254, p1
The article reports on the plan of the Puerto Rico Sales Tax Financing Corp. to sell 1.4 billion dollars of subordinate sales-tax bonds. The bond is intended to finance the commonwealth's stabilization fund and help balance the fiscal 2010 budget. Two days of retail pricing with institutional...
- Early Retirement. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/8/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31736, p31
Reports on the announcement of the sufficient countywide sales tax collection by the Green Bay/Brown County Professional Football Stadium District in Wisconsin. Use of the tax collection to repay issued bonds; Total amount of sales tax collected.
- The Voters Speak. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31747, p31
Reports on the approved three bond measures in several localities in Alaska. Amount of the released general obligation bonds of schools; Rejection of bond issue to build government offices; Enactment of sales tax.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31349, p29
Reports developments on bonds in the U.S. as of March 2002. Approval of local-option sales taxes by voters; Construction of the resort and conference center by West Feliciana Parish; Debate on the sale of revenue bonds by officials in Jackson.
- Louisiana Senate Authorizes $2.2 Billion in GOs for 2003. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31406, p36
Reports the approval of general obligation bond authorizations in Louisiana. Proposal to renew sales tax on food and utilities; Use of cash raised through the tax amnesty program to pay off debt.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Williamson, Richard; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/18/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31410, p31
Reports developments related to bond issues as of June 18, 2002 in the Southwestern States. Revenue bond financing of the convention center in Phoenix, Arizona; Sales tax increase for school districts in Kansas; Nature of the conservation district elections in New Mexico.
- Utah Transit Agency Paves Way for $185 Million Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/30/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31461, p4
Reports the 185 million dollars insured sales tax revenue bond deal by Utah Transit Authority. Information on I-Deal Parity bidding system to finance the purchase; Aims to relieve traffic congestion in the area; Allocation of resources to finance small amounts of bus and light-rail system...