Aide to D.C. Mayor: Agreement Near at Hand to Close Budget Gap
- Breakthrough Reached On D.C. Budget. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;05/16/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30892, p1
Reports that District of Columbia council members and Mayor Anthony A. Williams have resolved their differences over the proposed fiscal 2001 budget. Dispute over whether reserve funds could be spent on ongoing district programs; Proposed total budget; Williams' proposed increase in spending.
- City begins budget planning. HOLDER, CASEY // Graham Leader;6/25/2014, Vol. 138 Issue 90, p2
The article reports that aldermen started planning budget for the 2015 fiscal year for Graham, Texas on June 19 council meeting in the city.
- Spending plan for 2012 nets approval. Bandle, Scott // South County Journal;1/11/2012, Vol. 57 Issue 2, pA1
The article reports that the Board of Aldermen of Fenton, Missouri approved the 2012 city budget after deciding to split a certain full-time job into two part-time jobs without benefits in the financial and community development departments.
- Batavia, NY Residents to Choose Own Hauler. // Solid Waste Report;4/1/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on the approval of the 23 million U.S. dollar budget by city council members of Batavia in New York that will exclude city garbage services.
- Council tries to nip Bloomie's cuts in the bud. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;11/21/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 47, p45
Focuses on the attempts of City Council members of Harlem in New York City, New York to prevent deductions in the budget proposed by the city mayor Michael Bloomsberg. Order of the speaker, Gifford Miller, to address objectionable items in the budget plan; Support of the Contract Committee's...
- Mohawk Council budget items questioned. ROWE, DANIEL J. // Eastern Door;4/20/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p5
The article presents information on the budget of the Mohawk Council of Kahnawake that has been questioned by a member of the council.
- No budget, no power. Wright, Marcus; Kelly, T. // Michigan Citizen;4/15/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 23, pA1
The article reports on issues involving the Consent Agreement (CA) approved by five council members in Detroit, Michigan that adds another bureaucracy to local government and provide control of the municipal's budget to the state.
- City, school OK budgets, tax rates. // East Bernard Express (TX);9/22/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 38, pA1
The article reports on the approval of the East Bernard City Council to its budget and tax rate for the fiscal year 2011-2012 in East Bernard, Texas.
- D.C. Mayor Defends Rival Ballpark Plans. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/17/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32092, p5
Reports that Washington D.C. Mayor Anthony Williams has defended two competing plans to privately finance the city's planned baseball stadium after District Council members criticized the proposals. Aim of both plans to eliminate or significantly reduce the tax-exempt bonds that the district is...