NEWS IN BRIEF
- PPI, Retail Sales On Tap This Week. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;01/09/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31053, p2
Reports on the producer price index and retail sales in the United States for December 2000. Expected signs of inflation in the data that will be released; Initial jobless claims for the week ended January 6, 2001.
- PPI, Retail Sales Top Data Calendar. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;10/11/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30993, p2
Reports on the producer price index and retail sales in the United States in September 2000.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Ferris, Craig T.; Vekshin, Alison; O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;4/15/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31365, p2
Reports business developments in the U.S. as of April 15, 2002. Revision of the outlook of Standard and Poor on the long-term debt of Kaiser Permanente; Rise of the overall producer price index; Growth of the sales of retailers.
- More Retail Trade Industries Added to the Producer Price Index. // PPI Detailed Report;Jan2002, p9
Presents retail industries added to the Producer Price Index by the U.S. Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) in December 2001. Process of grouping retail trade establishments; Details of SIC 5541, Gasoline Service Stations; Information on SIC 5551, Boat Dealers.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Floyd, Daniel F.; Vadum, Matthew; Sanchez, Humberto; O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;04/16/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31118, p2
Presents business and economic developments related to the United States as of April 16, 2001. Sales of U.S. retailers for March 2001; Percentage decrease of the producer price index; Number of first-time applications for state unemployment benefits.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;5/13/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31385, p2
Reports business developments in the U.S. as of May 2002. Decrease of the producer price index; Plan of Sheila C. Bair to resign as treasury assistant secretary for financial institutions; Need for banks to improve risk management.
- Jan. PPI Up 0.6%; Core Rate Rises 0.3%. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31845, p2
Reports on the producer price index in the U.S. for January 2004.
- BUSINESS COSTS. // Supply Management;3/4/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p44
The article reports on the annual 0.7% drop in the services producer price index in the last quarter of 2009.
- Energy buoys double-digit inflation, food price surge ebbs in second quarter. Howell, Craig; Clem, Andrew; Lamb, Eddie // Monthly Labor Review;Sep79, Vol. 102 Issue 9, p49
Focuses on rate of inflation in retail markets in the United States. Upsurge in prices for energy-related items during the second quarter of 1979; Slowdown of rise in the Producer Price Index for Finished Goods; Curtailment of flow of funds to thrift institutions.