Nonprofits Ready to Go to Work, Tap Market for Charter Schools
- A Long-Term Approach. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;7/15/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31427, p1
Reports the issuance of municipal debt by the Community Academy of Philadelphia in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Mediation of the deal by the Philadelphia Industrial Development Authority; Amount of the issued debt; Proceeds of the debt issuance.
- Nonprofits learning tax-exempt benefits. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/17/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30770, p5
Focuses on the likelihood that the municipal bond market will expand its tax-exempt presence as a result of the arrival of nonprofits to Massachusetts. Issuance of debt by secondary schools in the state; Finance of schools with endowment dollars; Structuring of the financing as fixed-rate debt.
- Charter Schools: A New Option for Education...and Investors. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p16
Reports on the selling of municipal bonds to help fund charter schools. Efforts of newly created charter schools to find sources of money.
- Cap repeal boosts private universities; health care facilities may profit too. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;08/27/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30218, p1
Reveals the midwestern beneficiaries of a 1998 United States budget law provision repealing the $150 million cap on nonprofit agencies' outstanding tax-free debt. Includes major private universities; Health care providers; Planned municipal bond offerings in the region.
- Meeting An Extraordinary Challenge With Ordinary Resources: The Case Of One Charter School. Passe, Jeff // High School Journal;Apr/May2000, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p34
Deals with a case study of a charter school in North Carolina targeting at-risk students supported by a national non-profit organization in the United States. Definition of at-risk students; Vision of the charter school; Efforts of the school system to support the charter school; Implications...
- Proposed Moratorium on Charter Schools May Help Munis. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/29/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31047, p3
Reports on the proposed moratorium by Texas lawmakers on new charter schools, and its implications for the bond market for the alternative education facilities. Recommendations made by the State House Committee on Public Education; Allegations concerning charter schools' misuse of public...
- Charter School Excitement. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;09/29/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30986, p1
Reports on developments concerning charter school bonds in the United States as of September 29, 2000. Investors' key role in raising the acceptance of the bonds; Issuance by the Maricopa County, Arizona Industrial Development Authority on behalf of the Horizon Community Learning Center Project.
- In a First, New Mexico County To Issue Bonds for Charter School. Albanese, Elisabeth // Bond Buyer;11/29/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32267, p32
The article reports on the plans of Santa Fe County to issue bonds to finance charter school in New Mexico. The deal is expected to be testing ground for charter school bond issues currently in the planning stages. New Mexico law does not provide a statewide conduit issuer for charter school...
- Research digest. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;12/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30788, p7
Cites developments concerning finance in the United States. Report by Moody's Investors Service showing that charter schools will have more financial challenges to face than public ones; Report from Fixed Income Securities showing the growth of the pool of affluent investors in municipal funds.