- Norwalk sustains positive bond rating. Scott, Andrew // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/4/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 27, p4
Reports on the AAA rating received by the city of Norwalk for its multi-million dollar general obligation from Fitch Ratings Inc. in Connecticut. Percentage of general fund spending consumed by the debt service of the city; Impact of the rating on helping the city access money from various...
- Flight From ARS Fuels Market Volume Surge. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;6/2/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32890, p1
The article reports on the disruption of the auction-rate security (ARS) market in the U.S. in May 2008, which moved most bond issuers to leave the market. More than $37.2 billion in debt was sold through 933 issues, for a total year-to-year date volume of $173.4 billion. Issuers turned to...
- Wachovia Offers Securities. // American Banker;4/23/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 78, p20
The article reports on an offering of senior holding company notes by Wachovia Corp. It consists of two parts, one a floating-rate tranche set at a flat spread over LIBOR, the other a fixed-rate tranche 260 basis points above Treasuries. Both were for five years and highly rated by Standard &...
- Weekly T Bills Go At 2.975%, 3.120%. // Bond Buyer;6/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32153, p2
Reports on the growth of tender rates for the Treasury's discount bills in Washington. Total tenders being allotted; Percentage of coupon equivalents; Overall bid-to-cover ratio.
- South Salt Lake Rating Rises. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/5/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34007, p1
The article reports that the financial rating services provider Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has raised its long-term rating on series 2010 sales tax refunding bonds of South Salt Lake, Utah to AA-plus from AA-minus. It states that the firm has cited improved debt service coverage and has...
- A Glimmer Of Light. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Jul2010, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p5
The article presents a political outlook for Nicaragua. On May 26, 2010, ratings agency Moody's upgraded the country's foreign currency government bond rating from Caa 1 to B3 and its domestic currency bond rating from B3 to B2. Political issues faced by the country include President Daniel...
- Munis Little Changed, Treasuries Soft; Hurricane Speculation Continues. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;9/23/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32224, p2
Reports on the performance of municipal bonds as driven by speculation about the potential impact of Hurricane Rita on Gulf Coast energy infrastructure. Complaints arising due to higher prices set to oil products; Impact of the hurricane on property and casualty insurers who are among the...
- Fund Managers: Demand underpins depth of EM debt. Cox, Hugo // Asian Investor;Oct2014, p1
Investors have turned optimistic, despite concerns over nations vulnerable to China's slowdown and its indebted property market.
- RATINGS WATCH. // Asset Securitization Report;10/27/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 41, p34
Presents information on the ratings of various securities compiled as of October 27, 2003.