Stay, But Don't Pay
- New Jersey. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;08/11/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30206, p30
Presents news items about public finance in New Jersey. Agreement by Somerset County officials to sell $15 million of bonds to finance the construction of a baseball stadium in Bridgewater; Floatation of Monmouth County's general obligation issue.
- Tennis funding leaves kids out in cold. Barecz, Peter // Slovak Spectator;12/10/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 47, p9
Reports on the objections of school officials to the failure of the Slovak government to provide funds for the rehabilitation of school facilities. Protests against the funding provided for the reconstruction of the National Tennis Centre in the capital; Condition of school gymnasiums in the...
- Arena Set to Open. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/13/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32237, p31
Reports on the scheduled opening of the publicly funded arena in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Opponents of St. Louis Ballpark Plan Get Question on Ballot. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31952, p36
Reports on the ballot questioning voters whether the county charter should be amended to ban financial assistance for professional sports stadiums without prior approval through a countrywide referendum in Saint Louis County, Missouri. Impact of the charter change on the county's ability to...
- FLORIDA: Sarasota Seeks Tax Hike. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/1/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32746, p9
The article reports on the request made of Sarasota, Florida, voters to increase their taxes to secure funding for the Major League Baseball's Cincinnati Reds training facility. Over $16 million of general obligation bonds are needed to help finance a $54 million makeover of the facility. If...
- Pittsburgh Agency Floats $270 Million Arena Plan. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;8/2/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31441, p3
Reports the financing plan for the multipurpose facility of the Penguins hockey team by the Pittsburgh and Allegheny County Sports & Exhibition Authority in Pennsylvania. Provision of venue for community events; Criticisms concerning the scheme; Allocation of budget for the project.
- Row brews over temporary Olympic stadium. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;10/10/2003, p9
Reports on the differing views of the Olympic Games bidding team and the government on the plan of establishing a temporary stadium to save on costs in Great Britain . Cost of building a temporary stadium as compared to a permanent one; Opinion of Tessa Jowell, secretary of Culture, Media and...
- In brief. // Public Finance;11/23/2001, p7
Reports developments on public finance in Europe as of November 2001. Presentation of an approach to project leadership in information technology procurement; Construction of sports facilities and modernization of existing ones in schools; Reformation of the European Common Agricultural Policy.
- Dallas, team owners strike deal to build a new sports arena. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;10/06/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30245, p1
Reports on proposed public funding of a sports arena for a professional hockey and basketball teams in Dallas, Texas. Terms of the memorandum of understanding between the city government and the sports teams; Plans of the city to finance the project; Schedule of public voting on the proposal.