New E-System Emerges
- TBMA to set up e-trading subpanels. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;01/28/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30817, p1
Cites The Bond Market Association's formation of an online bond trading committee during its meeting in New York City. TBMA members and industry officials who attended the meeting; Specific areas of interest of the nine subcommittees; Key goals of the committee.
- Research Digest. Doe, Thomas G.; Fischer, Philip; Hartwig, Robert; DeGroot, Peter // Bond Buyer;12/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31283, p6
Reports on the developments related to bond and securities market in the U.S. as of December 12, 2001. Emergence of Internet bidding and e-commerce in the bond market; Decline in municipal bond prices during the first week of December; Impact of a changing assessment of risk and increasing...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Kinnander, Ola; Vekshin, Alison; Vadum, Matthew; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;8/31/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31215, p2
Reports economic developments in th United States as of August 2001. Increase in personal income and spending as reported by the Commerce Department; Decline in the application for state unemployment benefits; Rise in retail sales through electronic commerce.
- Panel Sees Bright, If Different, Electronic Future for Munis. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/07/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31012, p6
Focuses on the impact of electronic commerce on the municipal bond market in the United States according to the participants of the MBIA Public Finance Western Region Client Weekend. Issues to consider; Strategies for redefining the medium's influence.
- Richard Ciccarone of Van Kampen American Capital. // Bond Buyer;04/08/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30368, p38
Presents Van Kampen American Capital Management Inc. executive Richard Ciccarone's view on the use of the Internet as a way to enhance existing procedures in the bond market. Willingness of the traditional players to accept the Internet as part and parcel of doing business; Need for bond...
- E-Commerce Faces Challenges to Speedy Establishment in Muni Market. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;03/21/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30853, p24
Focuses on the establishment of electronic commerce in the municipal secondary markets in the United States. Impact of electronic commerce on bidding processes; Implication of electronic bid-delivery programs for municipal market players; Limitations of the technology.
- Unbound Bonds. Fabey, Michael // Latin Trade (English);Apr2000, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p16
Deals with the Internet bond issue launched by Argentina in 2000. Example of companies who have used the Internet for bond sales; Benefits of the Internet bond issues to bond buyers.
- The smoke has yet to clear as three platforms battle it out. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;02/03/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30571, p30
Focuses on electronic bidding platform for bonds in the United States. Description of PARITY, Bloomberg LP and MuniAcution Inc.'s Web site; Benefits from electronic bidding route.
- ValuBond Doubling Links for Online Trading Service. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;11/9/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 216, p10
Reports on Valubond Securities Inc.'s announcement that its retail online bond trading services will be available to customers of 40 financial services providers. Institutions that will be included as providers; Implications of the increasing popularity of bonds to baby boomers.