Florida Plans Market Trips as Lawmakers Deal With Shortfall
- Hungry players await Los Angeles, Florida lottery deals. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;01/25/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30564, p9
Forecasts the demand for municipal bonds to be issued in the United States in the last week of January 1999. Widespread appeal generated by Los Angeles, California's wastewater revenue refunding bonds; Expectations for Florida State Board of Education's $250 million bond offering.
- Florida to Competitively Sell $200 Million of PECO School Building Debt. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31980, p37
Reports on the sale of public education capital outlay (PECO) bonds for school building projects by the Florida Board of Education. Statement of Ben Watkins, director of the Davidson of Bond Finance, on the sale of PECO bonds; Proceeds of the sale; Selection of Squire, Sanders & Dempsey LLP as...
- Market Post: Fla. BOE on Tap; Munis Slightly Stronger. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron; Albano, Christine // Bondbuyer.com;1/29/2015, p21
The article presents update on municipal bond market deals in the U.S. as of January 29, 2015. Data provided shows the amount of the credit public education capital outlay refunding bonds to be sold by the Florida State Board of Education, the general obligation refunding bonds awarded by San...
- Market Post: Education Deals Take Center Stage. Smith, Kate // Bond Buyer;8/8/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F330, p1
The article reports on the issuance of educational deals in both U.S. competitive and negotiated markets as of 2014. The topics discussed include Florida Board of Education's auction of general obligation bonds , the negotiated deal of Charleston's Educational Financing Authority, popularity of...
- Market Close: Deals Repriced in a Strengthening Market. Smith, Kate // Bondbuyer.com;8/8/2014, p7
The article discusses the repricing of many deals to better reflect the market's appetite given the high interest rate. Topics discussed include the Florida Board of Education issuance whose structure met the retail's high demand for longer dated papers and the issuers need for cheap capital and...
- Moody's Watching Florida. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/22/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33102, p1
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has placed Florida's Aa1 implied general obligation rating on watch for a possible downgrade. It states that the action of the rating agency is attributed to its revenue drop because of recession and protracted and deep dislocation of its...
- Florida Board Approves Budget Request, Looks Ahead. // Community College Week;9/17/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p2
Reports on the passage of a budget request by Florida's Board of Education to Governor Jeb Bush. Objectives of the board; Information on increase in tuition fees at state universities; Comments from board chairman Phil Handy; Concern of state Senator Les Miller, D.-Tampa on the budget request.
- Florida State Board of Education Approves Science Standards and "Scientific Theory of Evolution". // NSTA Express;2/25/2008, p1
The article reports that Florida's State Board of Education voted 4 to 3 to approve the new science standards that include the term scientific theory of evolution, the first time the word evolution has been included in the state standards. The state's current standards require the teaching of...
- Around the Statesï¿½. // Educational Marketer;3/3/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the 2008 decision of the Florida Board of Education to adopt new state science standards which require schools to teach the theory of evolution.