ARKANSAS: Friendly Brief
- Colo. Supreme Court Rules Against School Vouchers. // Church & State;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p3
Focuses on the decision of the Colorado Supreme Court against a school voucher program. Violation of school voucher on a section of the state constitution; Facts of the case; Basis of the court decision.
- COMMON-LAW ARBITRATION -- FLORIDA ARBITRATION CODE, F.S.A. Â§§:682.01 et seq. // Arbitration Journal;Jun74, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p139
This article focuses on the court ruling on the case "Wickes Corp. v. Industrial Financial Corp." Where an arbitration clause specified that the Florida Arbitration Code should not apply, the language of the code excluded such arbitration from consideration except under Florida common-law...
- Recent Decisions. // California Law Review;Sep25, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p515
Discusses the decisions of U.S. courts on several cases as of 1925. Constitutionality of statute making public school education compulsory in the combined cases of Pierce v. Society of the Sisters of the Holy Home and Pierce v. Hill Military Academy; Validity of the state statute making...
- Courts vs. Teachers. Doherty, Brian // Reason;Oct2014, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p11
The article focuses on the court case Vergara v. California, in which the plaintiffs including nine students illegitimately damaged their right under the state constitution to a quality education, claiming that various job protection policies meant bad teachers kept teaching.
- Comment. Lehman, Walter M.; Hemmings, Charles L.; Avakian, Spurgeon // California Law Review;Jul37, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p565
Presents commentaries on various cases in the U.S. Effect of cross-complaint on right to trial jury; Laws applicable in an action for a deficiency judgment outside the state of situs; Range of unfair labor practices involved in Supreme Court cases under the National Labor Relations Act.
- RECENT JUDICIAL DECISIONS. Priestley, William J. // Police Journal;Dec2003, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p328
Presents several judicial decisions on criminal cases filed in the Supreme Court. "R v Marchant and Muntz"; "Regina v W"; "R v Rowland".
- Fractured Families: An Update. Zirkel, Perry A. // Principal;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p8
Presents a question and answer advisory related to child custody cases. Basis of the appellate court's decision; Modification of sole legal custody of a child; Denial of students records for the parents.
- High court questions Shiprock Home's status. Yurth, Cindy // Navajo Times;11/17/2011, Vol. 50 Issue 46, pA-7
The article reports on the questions raised by the Navajo Nation Supreme Court about the court case involving the Shiprock Home for Women and Children and RJN Construction at Yale Law School in New Haven, Connecticut.
- AIDS Litigation Notes. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Summer2003, p122
Presents the ruling of the U.S. Court of Appeals on the following case related to AIDS litigation, D. v. Bloomber, Pienkowski v. Higgins, Iduoze v. McDonald's Corp., and Cotton v. Alexian Brothers Bonaventure House. Facts of the case; Contention of the plaintiff; Basis of the court decision.