Trends in the Region: Arizona Lawmakers Rush to Restore Crumbling Budget
- Does Crowd Out Hamper Government Stimulus Programs In Recessions? Heim, John J. // Journal of Applied Business & Economics;2012, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p11
In well controlled statistical tests, crowd out was found related to government deficits financed by borrowing. Roughly equal effects were found for both recession and non-recession periods. Tax cut deficits were found were found more detrimental than spending deficits Private borrowing...
- Kerala's Fiscal Scene: Gathering Clouds of Crisis? Mohan, R. // ICFAI Journal of Public Finance;Aug2007, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p16
The study examines the major indicators of Kerala's finances and finds signs of a crisis. They are: (a) revenue deficits increasing as a proportion of Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP); (b) falling own tax buoyancy; (c) declining share of Central taxes and grants; and (d) rising debt-GSDP...
- Crises and crisis management: Toward comprehensive government decision making. Rosenthal, Uriel; Kouzmin, Alexander // Journal of Public Administration Research & Theory;Apr97, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p277
Studies government approach to crisis management. Review of disaster studies; Need for a more generic understanding of crises; Natural and man-made disasters; Consensus and conflict in emergencies; Analytical typologies; Reintroduction of a government perspective on crisis management; Heuristic...
- Fiscal Stress in Rural America: Some Straws in the Wind. Hite, James; Ulbrich, Holley // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec86, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p1188
Examines the presence of fiscal stress or declines in tax revenues in rural areas in the United States. Role of state governments in dealing with fiscal stress; Characteristics of areas experiencing fiscal and economic stress; Influence of structural safeguards on mitigating the impact of local...
- Focus on process: Key to successful service change. MacReynold, Merlin; Kieffer, Rick // Public Management (00333611);Aug97, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p13
Relates the success of the community of Normandy Park, Washington in contracting the services of a local sewer district for a sewer treatment plant. Mechanics of policy process; Request for proposals process; Period of transition; Contributing factors to success of transition.
- PH seeks more crisis management training from U.S. // Filipino Reporter;10/19/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 46, p13
The article reports on the crisis management training assistance being sought by the Philippines from the U.S. to allow it to build its capacity to respond more effectively to terrorism, disasters and other crises.
- A lot better that it looks. Bharath, Kaveer // Finance Week;4/12/2002, p13
Focuses on the currencies around the globe. Statistics on erosion value against the U.S. dollar during the period of crisis; Devaluation of market currency except for SA; Emphasis on achieving full trade liberalization.
- Colorado Assembly Returns, With $1B Deficit Front and Center. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/8/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31548, p3
Reports on the budget deficit facing Colorado as of January 2003. Challenges posed by this deficit to legislators in the state; Measures to be taken by legislators to reduce the deficit; Possibility of the introduction of a rainy-day fund by state Treasurer Mike Coffman during the state's...
- Wisconsin Faces Spending Cuts; Missouri Announces $1B Gap. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p3
Discusses the budget deficits faced by states of Wisconsin and Missouri. Step to eliminate deficit initiated by the governor of Wisconsin; Expectations regarding Missouri's revenues for a fiscal year; Highlights the gap in Missouri's budget cycle.