State Treasurers Told to Look for Additional Firm Mergers, Fed Rate Cuts
- Let's make a real deal. Johnson, Howard E. // CMA Management;Jun2002, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p31
Reports the factors considered in mergers and acquisitions of business in Canada. Terms of the transaction; Availability of non-capital tax losses; Determination of payment schedule and applicable rate of interest.
- Tight credit expected to slow mergers, acquisitions. Strong, Michael // Crain's Detroit Business;01/29/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p26
Reports on the impact of the move of the United States Federal Reserve to lower interest rates on mergers and acquisitions among automotive companies in Detroit, Michigan. Failure of the buying binge of automotive suppliers to produce positive results; Action taken by banks toward merger loans;...
- 2014 Great Expextation. Flynn, Mary Kathleen // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Feb2014, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p24
The article offers information on the growth of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activity in the investment, private equity and accounting industry in the U.S. It mentions that the investment bank of New York is focused on the middle market. It states that the conditions favorable for M&A activity...
- M&A market gets splash of cold water. Arndorfer, James B. // Crain's Chicago Business;04/17/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p18
Focuses on merger and acquisition activities in Illinois, for the first quarter of 2000. Comparison with 1999 figures; Decline in the number of deals; Increase in interest rates; Volatility of the stock market.
- BUSINESS BRIEFS. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);5/11/2015, p12
The article offers business news brief including China slashing interest rates by 25 basis points on May 11, 2015, Air India planning to tie up with Citibank and the State Bank of India to raise 300 million dollars and overseas investors reducing their exposure to the Indian capital markets.
- Is the decline in dealmaking continuing? Participate today in our monthly survey. Flynn, Mary Kathleen // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;1/20/2016, p1
The article reports the Mid-Market Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) Conditions Index (MACI) Composite score in December 2015, which showed that the mid-market M&A sector declined due to such factors as terrorism and interest rates.
- Another Interest Rate Cut. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;Aug2002, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p5
Presents news briefs concerning the economic condition of Chile, as of August 2002. Information on an announcement by the central monetary policy council regarding the reduction of interest rates; Details of a report by the Santiago Chamber of Commerce regarding merger and acquisition...
- Sterling's mortgage unit tops $1 billion. Hatch, Addy // Journal of Business (10756124);2/12/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 4, pA15
Reports that Action Mortgage Co. in Spokane, Washington, has topped total lending volume. Assessment of residential mortgages and home-construction loans; Impact of low interest rates on business growth; Acquisitions.
- Multistate Taxation. Allan, John; Robinson, Andrew J. // Corporate Business Taxation Monthly;Dec2000, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p34
Focuses on court cases related to state taxation in the U.S. Interim rule of California on deduction of interest expense in non-California firms; Treatment of interest loans among subsidiary corporations in Connecticut; Carryover of operating losses in the event of corporate merger in Missouri.