Kx Systems Unveils Platform for High-Speed Data Management
- Transarc's Encina to bring transaction processing to NT. // PC Week;09/29/97, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p3
Reveals that Transarc will release Encina 2.5, its transaction processing package, for Intel- and Digital Alpha-based Windows NT systems. Other operating systems supported; How Encina is based on Distributed Computing Environment; Support for Common Object Request Broker Architecture...
- Transarc brings TP engine to Win NT. Wirthman, Lisa // PC Week;10/06/97, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p192
States that Transarc Corp. is providing transaction processing capabilities for Windows NT users by making Encina 2.5 available on Windows NT. Comments from Mark Sherman, vice president of product management for Transarc; The Distributed Computing Environment (DCE) that Encina is based on;...
- ROTOMAIL USES KX KDB DATABASE FOR RETAIL MARKETING. // Worldwide Databases;Jan2005, Vol. 17 Issue 1, pN.PAG
This article features CRM-Profiler, a browser-based marketing analysis system developed by Kx Systems and Rotomail that enables retail banking firms to mine vast amounts of customer and transaction data and receive results in real-time. According to Fabrizio De Vecchi, marketing manager at...
- SOFT NEWS. Gruman, Galen; Burgess, Angela; Teschler, Lee // IEEE Software;Jan88, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p87
Reports developments related to computer software industry in the United States as of January 1988. Criticisms of the Defense Science Board task force on military software; Growth of real-time operating systems and programing techniques; Schedule of the Comdex Computer Show.
- Microcontroller incorporates eight interrupts. Kemp, Paul A. // Electronic Design;02/23/98, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p124
Presents a method which provides a microcontroller with eight real-time interrupts, in relation to a processor's standard input/output lines, with reference to computer software. Details on the usage of a microcontroller's built-in Serial Communications Interface; Testing of the design on a...
- FOR WHOM THE BILL TOLLS. Beckman, David; Hirsch, David // ABA Journal;Jun2002, Vol. 88 Issue 6, p62
Provides information on the issue of billing and fees imposed by lawyers. Discussion on the relationship of lawyers with clients; Mechanics of the computerized billing system; Importance of securing time-and-billing license; Analysis of real-time programs.
- ON-LINE BOOKING EXCHANGE FOR TOURISM SUPPLIERS. // NZ Business;Jun2009, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p8
The article offers information on the on-line based booking platform in real time called Tourism Exchange New Zealand. It states that the platform enables participants in contracting tourism products of New Zealand to tourism operators around the globe at a minimal cost. Also noted is the low...
- Automation frees high-speed design. Marsh, David // EDN Europe;Dec2002, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p23
Focuses on the design of high-speed circuits of computer software. Composition of a prelayout topological-exploration stage ahead of schematic generation; Importance of time and voltage in the design process; Employment of defensive design strategies.
- Scheduling Tasks with Resource Requirements in Hard Real-Time Systems. Wei Zhao; Ramamritham, Krithivasan; Stankovic, John A. // IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering;May87, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p564
This paper describes a heuristic approach for solving the problem of dynamically scheduling tasks in a real-time system where tasks have deadlines and general resource requirements. The crux of our approach lies in the heuristic function used to select the task to be scheduled next. The...