I-Deal Buys Thomson's Dalcomp System
- NU On The Grow Again. Goodenough, Andrew L. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/17/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 19, p4
Describes the impact of Thomson Financial Insurance Solutions' acquisition by Highline Media LLC on the "National Underwriter" periodical. Thomson's insurance data business; Ways in which "National Underwriter" could use Thomson's services.
- Here Come The Stats. Piontek, Steve // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/19/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 27, p4
Reports that "National Underwriter" magazine's publisher Highline Media purchased Thomson Financial Insurance Solutions and renamed it National Underwriter Insurance Data Services (NUIDS). NUIDS possesses a staggering amount of statistical information about the insurance business; Magazine...
- And So...Third Q M&A Numbers Arrive. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/30/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the status of the mergers and acquisitions market in the U.S. according to preliminary third-quarter 2002 data released by Thomson Financial.
- Linklaters takes top billing in Asian M&A deal league tables. Power, Helen // Lawyer;7/15/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p9
Provides information on the league tables for announced merger and acquisitions (M&A) in Asia prepared by Thomson Financial from January 1, 2002 to June 30, 2002. Adviser rankings; Overall M&A activity in the region; Information on the busiest jurisdiction.
- So impressed they bought the company. // Credit Management;Feb2003, p15
Reports on international ratings agency Fitch's acquisition of the international business of Thomson Financial Insurance Solutions (TFIS). Description of TFIS' nature of business; Impact of the acquisition on Fitch's insurance information coverage.
- Thomson Aims to Build Bloomberg Killer. Schroeder, Mary // Securities Industry News;2/17/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the acquisition of the sell-side trading system Quant Trading by Thomson Financial Inc. Plans regarding the association of Quant Trading with Thomson Yield One platform slated for release in the midyear of 2003; Services provided by Quant Trading; Base offering for Thomson Yield One.
- For M&A Market, Third Q Roars To A Close. Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/2/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p1
The article reports on the performance of the mergers and acquisitions market in the U.S. for the third quarter of 2006. A solid year-over-year increase of 22% to $243.9 billion worth of announced U.S. deal is revealed by Thomson Financial. Bret Russell, managing director at Red Diamond Capital,...
- THE SIDELINE OFFENSIVE. MacFadyen, Ken // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Apr2008, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p40
The article reports on the merger and acquisition deals in the private equity (PE) market in the U.S. As of March 1, 2008, deal activity had been more than halved from the $308 billion in transactions inked during the first two months of 2007, according to Thomson Financial, with just $147.9...
- League tables defy detractors. // BRW;2/1/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p69
The article reports that many corporate lawyers are complaining about Thomson Financial's tables of the most popular and profitable law firms in the mergers and acquisition field in Australia. Although many lawyers complain about the methodology used by Thomson, the tables are used by clients...