Minnesota Scrambles to Save Twins From Contraction Plan
- Grizzlies future depend on stadium construction. D'Ambrosio, Michele // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/19/98, Issue 322370, p1
Reports that the future of Fresno Grizzlies baseball team depends on the multi-purpose stadium and the financing package to build it. Proposal of the Diamond Group; Results of a draft study of the proposed stadium conducted by Pricewaterhousecoopers.
- Corporate pitch. Andrews, Greg // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/23/93, Vol. 14 Issue 21, p1A
Reports on the plans of the city of Indianapolis, Indiana to construct a stadium for the Indianapolis Indians baseball team. Financing; Role of corporations in making minor-league stadiums possible; Reaction of local companies regarding the construction; Use of public funds; Rationale of...
- Aeros set to take off. Jameson, Keith // Crain's Cleveland Business;03/24/97, Vol. 18 Issue 12, pT-14
Reports on the Canton-Akron Indians baseball team's change of its name and home stadium. Team's adoption of the name `Akron Aeros'; Team's logo and mascot updates; Completion of the Canal Park Stadium in Akron, Ohio; Connection between the Akron Aeros and the Cleveland Indians.
- Stadium Would Be Victory for the Home Team'. Hughes, Jason // San Diego Business Journal;11/7/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 45, p59
The author discusses the need for the redevelopment of a new football stadium in San Diego, California to keep the Major League Baseball team San Diego Chargers as a main economic catalyst in the region.
- DIAMOND LIFE. // Indianapolis Monthly;May2001 City Guide, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p192
Focuses on the supports provided to baseball team Indianapolis Indians in Indiana. Victory of the team in the Triple-A World Series; Amenities offered by the baseball stadium of the Indians; Assertion on the baseball stadium as the best minor league ballpark.
- No lack of suggestions for baseball stadium site. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;5/27/96, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p28
Reports on the controversy over the site of a new baseball stadium in San Diego, California. Site suggestions from several legislators; San Diego city's extension of baseball team San Diego Chargers' lease to 2020; Delay of the expansion project for the stadium due to a civil lawsuit filed by...
- BASEBALL at GROUND ZERO. Mitchell, Greg // Progressive;Aug87, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p20
Reports on the construction of a 30,000-seat stadium in Hiroshima, Japan in 1954 to welcome its first professional baseball team, the Carp. Hope of Mayor Shinzo Hamai that baseball would help residents forget what happened at the atomic bomb explosion in the area on August 6, 1945; Description...
- Unanswered questions. Pollack, Joe // St. Louis Journalism Review;Jun2002, Vol. 32 Issue 247, p10
Comments on the plans of Saint Louis Cardinals baseball team on building a new stadium in Missouri. Potential gross earning of a new stadium; Reaction of reporters and fans on the project; Assessment on the attendance trend of stadiums.
- Triple play in the burbs. Knapp, Kevin // Crain's Chicago Business;09/14/98, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p4
Reports on the plans by the Schaumburg Flyers and the Cook County Cheetahs, two minor league baseball teams to build stadiums in northwest suburban Schaumburg and south suburban Crestwood, Illinois, and how these plans will impact on the Kane County Cougars team. Estimated cost of the stadiums;...