S&P Scenario Sees Tight Times for Calif. Cities
- CALIFORNIA: Deficit May Be on Horizon. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/7/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32769, p9
The article reports that according to Standard & Poor's Corp., slowdown in state revenues could result in politically difficult budget adjustments to maintain positive budgetary reserves, with a possible return to a deficit fund balance position on the horizon in California. The state budgeted a...
- S&P Outlook on Arizona Turns Negative; Reserve Fund Cited. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31414, p3
Forecasts the budget deficit by the Standard & Poor's in Arizona. Impact of fuel taxes on revenue bonds; Issuance of the general obligation bonds; Source of financing for capital projects.
- NEW YORK: S&P Cites MTA Challenges. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;7/28/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32927, p9
The article reports on the challenged to close multi-million dollar deficits over the next four years for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in New York. MTA proposes, without the support of the governor, a 2009 operating budget that includes a fare and toll increase in July 2009....
- ITALY RECEIVES S& WARNING. Johnson, Mark // Global Finance;Feb2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the credit ratings given by Standard & Poor's Corp. in Italy. Lack of clarity on the medium-term fiscal strategy of the country; Projection for the budget deficit; Comment on the structural expenditure problems faced by the nation.
- Mercy Regional Health Center, Kan., Bonds Raised to A-Plus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;5/1/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34102, p1
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has declared that it raised its long-term rating to A-plus from A on the 25.1 million dollars series 2013 hospital revenue refunding bonds issued by Manhattan, Kansas, for Mercy Regional Health Center (Mercy) in Manhattan, Kansas.
- Puerto Rico Infrastructure FA 2011B, C Lowered by S&P. // Bond Buyer;7/31/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34153, p1
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has lowered its rating one notch to BB-minus from BB on Puerto Rico Infrastructure Financing Authority's series 2011B and 2011C revenue bonds, and mentions that it also removed the rating from rating platform CreditWatch.
- S&P Is Watching. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/3/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32082, p31
The article informs about South Carolina's Standard & Poor's Corp. Standard & Poor's rates the agencies' debt AA-plus. The state's aid intercept program, which provides a credit enhancement for school district debt, was also put on CreditWatch. Standard & Poor's warns that such a move in the...
- Aurora Military Housing III LLC, Alaska, Upgraded to AA-Minus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;12/2/2014, p34
The article reports on the Standard & Poor's Ratings Services' rating upgrade on Aurora Military Housing III LLC, Alaska's military housing revenue bonds, series 2011A, to AA-minus from A-plus.
- DeKalb-Cherokee Counties Gas District, Ala., Upgraded to A-Plus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;4/8/2015, p16
The article focuses on the announcement by Standard & Poor's Ratings Services of its decision to raise its underlying rating on the gas revenue debt of DeKalb-Cherokee Counties Gas District, Alanbama to one notch to A-plus from A.
- Charter School of Boynton Beach, Fla., Downgraded to D by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;8/19/2015, p12
This article reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has lowered its long-term rating to D on Boynton Beach, Florida's series 2012A tax-exempt and 2012 B taxable revenue bonds, which were issued for and supported by the Charter School of Boynton Beach.