Deadline Past, Massachusetts Governor Offers Her Own Deficit-Reduction Plan
- Massachusetts Gov. Orders Cuts, Wants Special Session. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/15/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31491, p4
Focuses on the budget cuts announced by the acting governor of Massachusetts Jane Swift in order to reduce the budget deficit. Unpaid furloughs ordered to managers of executive agencies; Announcement of cuts in the health and human services; Decision of Swift to control finances of Nashoba...
- As Deadline Looms, Massachusetts Governor Readies Her Own Recovery Budget. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;11/14/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31265, p5
Reports that Massachusetts Governor Jane Swift will institute her own recovery budget. Estimated budget deficit faced by the state; Elimination of state jobs and reduction in state aid to municipalities; Use of reserve money judiciously for the development of state; Approval of income tax...
- Swift succeeds Cellucci. // State Government News;May2001, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the confirmation of Jane Swift as the first female governor of Massachusetts.
- Swift rise, steep fall, and a shot at history. Sappenfield, Mark // Christian Science Monitor;2/16/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 58, p1
Discusses the outlook for the Massachusetts gubernatorial term of Jane Swift, in light of the fact that she will give birth while in office.
- Jane Swift. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Apr2002, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p18
Features Jane Swift, acting Governor of Massachusetts. Career background; Membership with the Republican Party; Social and political views.
- PART OF THE PACK. Kislevits, Gail // Runner's World;May2008, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p32
The article features Jane Swift, acting state governor of Massachusetts from 2001 to 2003.
- Utah and Arkansas Governors Keep Lawmakers on Sidelines. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/20/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31269, p3
Reports that the governors of Utah and Arkansas will not call for special legislative sessions to address the budget deficits faced by the states. Details of the multi-million dollar budget shortfall of the states; Division of Arkansas' budget into priority categories.
- Outgoing Governors Say They Will Help Successors With Budget Cuts. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31507, p32
Focuses on the plan of U.S. Republican governors of southwestern states about budget reductions by their successors as of November 2002. Plans of Kansas governor Bill Graves about emergency reductions in the budget; Steps taken by Republican candidate in the governors election of 2002; Decision...
- Wisconsin Gov. Doyle Promises 'Steep, Serious' Cuts in Lieu of Tax Increases. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31565, p38
Addresses the cuts in spending by the state of Wisconsin in lieu of tax increases to counter its budget deficits. Funds that will be spared from cuts according to the governor of Wisconsin; Specifications of the governor's plans to wipe out the deficit; Other states where budgets have been...