News In Brief: Whitman Hanson RSD Up to A2 By Moody's
- Colo. district claims against credit-rater dismissed. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;5/29/96, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p8
Reports on the dismissal of the lawsuit filed by the Jefferson County, Colorado school district against Moody's Investor Service Inc. which seeks damages from Moody's issuance of an unsolicited and negative report on the district's bond offerings. Credit-rater's First Amendment free-press right...
- New Jersey. Demenchuck, Michael // Bond Buyer;09/29/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30240, p35
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's review of New Jersey-based Bernards Township School Districts' Aa-rated general obligation debt.
- News In Brief: Moody's Outlook Now Stable on Ft. Zumwalt. // Bond Buyer;1/10/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31301, p2
Reports on the outlook of Moody's Investors Service Inc. from positive to stable towards Fort Zumwalt School District in Saint Charles County, Missouri. Basis for the change in the outlook; Expectation of Moody's from the stable outlook; Rating of the Fort Zumwalt.
- Moody's upgrades Arizona COPs, citing economy. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;10/24/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30259, p6
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's increase of its credit rating of Arizona's certificates of participation (COPs) resulting to an upgrade of the some of the state's outstanding tax-supported debt. Factors influencing the rating upgrade; Impact on trading in the COPs.
- Nims Are Back in Town. Gregory, Michael // Private Placement Letter;07/17/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p4
Focuses on the rise of net interest margin (NIM) securitization in 2000. Information on a traditional NIM securitization; NIM securitizations rated by Moody's Investors Service; Enhancements made to NIM securitizations.
- Moody's Investors Service Baits Market With $200M Private Deal. Colomer, Nora // Private Placement Letter;08/28/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the private placement offered by Moody's Investors Service in August 2000. Value of the deal; Price range; Background on Moody's.
- Moody's Set to Release Servicer Ratings. Gregory, Michael // Private Placement Letter;01/08/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p1
States that Moody's Investors Service will introduce formal service ratings and expects to release its criteria in January 2001. Purpose of the move; Details on the ratings; Factors being considered by the company before the introduction.
- Moody's touts ambitious transition study. // Asset Securitization Report;2/3/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p4
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's touting of a comprehensive structured finance transition study, tracking deals as far back as 1983. Goal to serve as a statistical reference for the industry; Use of the ratings history of securities.
- Moody's warns Florida school districts: Overcrowding may bring downgrades. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;10/14/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30251, p3
Reports on the negative impact of the credit rating for school districts in Florida if the state fails to solve problems of overcrowding according to an assessment from Moody's Investors Service Inc. Percentage of districts experiencing pressure to build more classrooms; Costs required to solve...