News In Brief: Bush Signs Airport Security Bill
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Renew FAA Programs Including $15.8B AIP. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;5/21/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32633, p34
The article reports on a bill approved by the U.S. Senate Commerce Committee to renew Federal Aviation Administration programs. It would authorize spending $15.8 billion over four years for the agency's airport improvement grant program. Furthermore, the measure would provide $3.8 billion in...
- Airports Ask for Federal Aid to Pay for Reconfigured Explosives Detectors. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;3/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31588, p5
No abstract available.
- News From the Office of N.M. Sen. Pete Domenici. // New Mexico Business Journal;Jun2006, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p22
The article offers news briefs from the office of New Mexico Senator Pete Domenici. The grants-in-aid awarded by the U.S. Department of Transportation to rehabilitate airport facilities across New Mexico are listed. An emergency request for proposals has been issued by the Department of...
- Allocation of $40 million for Vieques moves to Senate. Garcia, Ivonne // Caribbean Business;4/6/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p23
Reports that the legislation allocating $40 million to Vieques Island, Puerto Rico has moved to the United States Senate. Legislators' a Rico. Cyber Events' provision of Internet access to events in the convention; Featuring of technological advancements; Special guests at the event.
- New York Officials Call on Federal Government to provide Blackout Aid. // Bond Buyer;8/20/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31702, p7
Reports on the demand by New York City officials for blackout compensation from the U.S. government. Estimated losses by blackout in the city; Senators' request for the compensation.
- House rejects paying for earthquake aid. // Human Events;2/25/94, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p23
Reports on the US House of Representatives' rejection of an amendment to the bill providing aid to earthquake-shaken California that would have offset its cost with cuts in a variety of programs. Bipartisan support for the amendment; White House and House Democratic leadership's opposition;...
- Bill Aims To Help Aviation Firms. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/8/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 41, p10
Reports on the passage of the legislative bill, HR 3007, that would provide financial aid to the general aviation industry in the U.S. Qualification requirements for aviation firms.
- Sociology. P. L. B. // America;2/14/1931, Vol. 44 Issue 19, p457
The author addresses the question of jurisdiction in relation to seeking relief whether from the U.S. Federal or State Government. According to the author, politicians in Congress and propagandists outside have destroyed State competence and State independence when it comes to relief...
- Critics set to fight plan to cut impact-aid funding. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;04/23/97, Vol. 16 Issue 30, p23
Reports on reactions to US President Bill Clinton's proposed reduction of funding for federal impact aid. Plan to direct funds taken from impact aid allocations to educational programs; Arguments against the proposal; Legislators' response to the proposal.