End the Double Standard for Nuclear Critics
- WHAT DO YOU DO WITH WORN-OUT NUCLEAR PLANTS? // National Wildlife (World Edition);Apr/May85, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p29
Poses a question regarding the proper decommissioning of nuclear power plants in the U.S.
- Two years Later, Most Systems Go! McCracken, Samuel // National Review;3/20/1981, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p278
The article assesses the relative risks and implications of the accident at the Three Mile Island nuclear power plant in Pennsylvania. Supporters of nuclear energy have been encouraged by the accident. An evidence of this is the success of the Emergency Core Cooling System which was able to...
- Analysis of the temperature regime of operation of a filtering unit. Melikhov, V. I.; Melikhov, O. I.; Parfenov, Yu. V.; Yakush, S. E. // Journal of Applied Mechanics & Technical Physics;Nov2007, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p852
The temperature regime of a filtering unit being cooled after an accident at a nuclear power plant is considered. A mathematical model is developed; the model is based on three-dimensional equations of thermohydrodynamics and takes into account heat-transfer mechanisms (convection, heat...
- The Politics of Nuclear Power. Nahan, Mike // Institute of Public Affairs Review;Jun2005, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p9
The article discusses the political aspects of nuclear power. Supporters of nuclear power; Arguments of political opposition on the dangers of nuclear energy; Consideration of the Chernobyl nuclear accident in Ukraine as highlight of the risks of the technology.
- Action. // New Internationalist;Sep2005, Issue 382, p20
Presents a directory of organizations aimed at reducing the use of nuclear energy. World Information Service on Energy and the Nuclear Information Resource and Service; Greanpeace International; Chernobyl Children's Project International.
- Nuclear Reactions. Grimmelt, Kristjanna // Alberta Views;Oct2008, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p32
The article discusses the various views of the community in establishing a nuclear power plant in Alberta, particularly that of the municipal district (MD) of Peace's council. A survey conducted by MD reveals that 213 oppose the planned nuclear plant. Bruce Power Alberta company will be managing...
- Water and Air. Paster, Howard G. // New Republic;10/31/70, Vol. 163 Issue 18, p22
Reports on the Long Island Lighting Co.'s proposal to build an atomic energy plant at Shoreham, New York. Details of the hearing on the proposed facility by the Atomic Energy Commission's (AEC) Safety and Licensing Board; Controversy concerning the AEC's authority and atomic energy's vast...
- Strategy Against Nuclear Power. // Social Alternatives;Apr86, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p9
The article analyzes the strategies used to oppose uranium mining and nuclear power in Australia. The analysis begins with the presentation of the role played by several structures, such as state, capitalism, patriarchy and intellectual division of labor in the development of nuclear power. It...
- The $200-Million Delay. Evans, M. Stanton // National Review;2/2/1979, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p174
The article comments on government regulations and legal issues surrounding the issue of nuclear power in the U.S. in 1979. Key issues discussed include efforts by the anti-nuclear movement to slow down the development of nuclear energy through legal avenues, as well as the need for electric...