- Belize makes a deal on debt. // Market: Latin America;Feb2007, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p8
The article focuses on the struggle of the government of Belize to deal with its debt. Debt impacts Brazilian consumers through taxes and the cost of debt service. It is viewed that Belize will overcome the difficulties of living with nature and debt due to several reasons. A number of sectors...
- Why Greece Defaulted--and Others Will Follow. Lemieux, Pierre // Regulation;Winter2011, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p5
The author discusses the Greek government's decision to default on its public debt and the impact on other European countries. He explains the reason for Greece's default, including the stagnation of tax revenues and the build up of an unsustainable public debt that other European countries do...
- Massachusetts' Woes Slowing School-Aid Reimbursement. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;5/7/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31381, p5
Reports the decline on the tax revenue collection in Massachusetts. Reimbursement project to improve schools; Ability of the state to pay the short-term debt issued; Details on the competition pricing. INSET: Moody's Removes Suffolk From Watch List Ahead of Sales..
- With Interest Rates Too Good to Pass Up, Tucson Opts to Retire Debt. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;10/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31245, p35
Reports the sale of general obligation and water system revenue bonds by Tucson in Dallas, Texas. Decision to opt outstanding debt; Issuance of water system refunding revenue bonds and general obligation refunding bonds; Rating of the bonds.
- GEORGIA: Augusta Airport Revised. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/5/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32481, p37
The article reports on the revision of Augusta Regional Airport's outlook from stable to positive which indicates an upgrade could be in store for the Baa3-rated credit Georgia. The change stems from the airport being in line to gained more federal support, which can possibly reduce future debt...
- Contingent Convertible Debt Instruments. // Practical Accountant;Jul2002, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p14
Focuses on the revenue rulings for noncontingent bond method. Application of the method to the convertible debt instrument of a corporation; Increase of contingent cash payments.
- Reno, Nev., Seeks Deal Over RDA Debt Service. Jensen, Randall // Bond Buyer;8/31/2012, Vol. 121, p1
The article reports that redevelopment officials from Reno, Nevada are planning to compromise with Washoe County over tax revenue in order to make debt service requirements.
- Albuquerque Arena Plans. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/15/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31905, p31
Reports on the plan of Albuquerque, New Mexico to build a planned downtown arena. Funds to build the arena; Payment of the debt; Revenue.
- St. Louis Hotel Sale on Hold to Review Bids, Wait for Recovery. SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;7/6/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33344, p36
The article reports on the on hold potential sale of the smaller of two facilities that make up the St. Louis convention center hotel complex, due to the failure of the hotel to generate sufficient revenue to cover debt service.