- Georgia's $173 Million General Obligation Deal First for State This Year. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/24/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31663, p25
Georgia plans to sell about $173 million of general obligation bonds on June 24, 2003, marking the first sale of the year for the state. Weyman Smith, the director of the Georgia State Financing and Investment Commission, said the deal is expected to pick up at least six bids. Proceeds from the...
- Weyman Smith, Georgia Finance and Investment Commission. // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p61
Focuses on the responsibilities of Weyman Smith, director of the Georgia Finance and Investment Commission. Facilitation of debt issues for the state; Supervision of obligation sales; Management of the financing and investment divisions of the commission.
- Weyman Smith Retires. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/30/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32414, p1
The article reports on the resignation of director Weyman Smith from the Financing and Investment Commission of Georgia. It has been said that smith had served the public for 25 years under five governors and closed more than $16 billion worth of general obligation bond deals for the state. The...
- Yields Rise as Market Begins to Hum Again. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the rise of the weekly yield index of "The Bond Buyer" in light to moderate secondary trading as there is a slowdown of activities after a holiday lull in the U.S.
- Wisconsin's New Leaders Tap Market for $430M. Shields, Yvette // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p12
The articl reports on the plan of Wisconsin to sell its 20-year general oblication bonds for 430 million dollars to fund bricks-and-mortar capital projects in the first debt issuance of the new administration.
- Top 25 issuers in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p22A
Lists the top 25 bond issuers in California, as ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes California Housing Finance Agency; Anaheim Public Finance Authority; Los Angeles School District; State of California; Bond assignments; Principal amount;...
- Top 25 underwriters in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p28A
Lists the top 25 bond underwriters in California ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes BancAmerica Securities Inc.; Paine Webber Inc.; Merrill Lynch & Co.; Smith Barney Inc.; Number of public finance bankers; Retail sales personnel;...
- Surprisingly strong retail sales rattle market. Patterson, Dean // Bond Buyer;10/16/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30253, p2
Reports on the result of bond trading in the United States on October 15, 1997. Effect of September retail sales and third quarter economic growth on trading; Prices of Treasury bills and bonds of different maturities.
- Top 25 bond counsel in New England. // Bond Buyer;10/21/97 Supplement New England, Vol. 322, p40A
Lists the top 25 bond counsel in New England, ranked by principal amount of long-term bonds issued from January 1 through September 30, 1997. Public finance head; Number of public finance attorneys; Contact information; Includes Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky and Popeo P.C.; Palmer and Dodge;...