ALASKA: School Raze
- New tools for a poor district. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/02/97 Supplement New York, Vol. 322, p20A
Reports on the final phase of plans to finance a high school using certificates of participation by the Niagara Falls City School District in New York. Value of certificates of participation intended to be issued by the district; Procedures that districts must take to finance school...
- In Fast-Growing N.C., Bond Issues Will Fund Schools, Hoops. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/24/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31539, p3
Reports that schools in North Carolina will receive funds from the sale of bonds issues as of January 2003. Amount to be received by schools in Mecklenburg County; Partial bond funding of Charlotte's arena to be occupied by a professional basketball team in the state; Underwriter of the arena's...
- OHIO. // Cincinnati;Apr2003, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p100
Presents information on different schools at Ohio as of April 2003. Website information on the Academy of Greater Cincinnati; Location of the Bethany School; School hours of the Cincinnati Hebrew Day School.
- KENTUCKY. // Cincinnati;Apr2003, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p109
Presents detailed information on different schools at Kentucky as of April 2003. Location of the Calvary Christian School; Website information on Cornerstone Montessori School; School hours of Trent Montessori School.
- World class schooling for tomorrow's global citizens. Hawcroft, Sam // Asian Business Review;Oct96, p55
Focuses on the popularity of international schools with parents working overseas. Australian Government's drive to export Australian education to Asia Pacific; Fastest growing export market in Australia; Idea of education as a foreign investment.
- The ABCs of apartheid. Tygesen, P. // Africa Report;May/Jun91, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p13
Addresses the African National Congress's (ANC's) arduous task of reconstructing the educational system left as a brutal legacy of apartheid's architect, Hendrik Verwoerd. Looking toward a post-apartheid era; Need for an educated workforce; `Bantu' education system; Horrendous physical...
- Surplus schools can serve the community. Noyes, K. // Aging;1987, Issue 356, p13
A developer's point of view on reusing surplus school buildings to serve needs of a community's elderly population. School reuse is analyzed and compared to new buildings. Condo resale price limits are discussed. INSET: Description of Muzzey Jr. High School in Lexington, Mass..
- Academic facilities. // Architectural Record;Nov1985, Vol. 173 Issue 13, p97
Now that once-iconoclastic buildings and radical master plans have matured into campus classics, the design of academic buildings presents a challenge to architects forcing them to carry on an `extraordinary dialogue with things that went before. ' Article surveys recent work in academic...
- Top private career schools. Hinkle, Kathryn // Business News New Jersey;4/07/97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p18
Lists top private career schools in New Jersey ranked by enrollment. Year established; Location; Specialties; Directors.
- Top private career schools. Barbarello, Kathleen // Business News New Jersey;05/25/98, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p33
Presents a chart related to top 50 private career schools in New Jersey ranked by 1997 enrollment.