Allegheny County, Pa., Fighting Tax-Lien Case Decision
- Danbury settles last ice rink liens. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/5/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 31, p5
Reports on the settlement of the ice skating rink liens in Danbury, Connecticut. Amount of the settlement; Reduction of the city's payment; Background of the case.
- The Construction Industry Scheme. Brewer, Geoff // Contract Journal;4/21/2004, Vol. 423 Issue 6472, p22
Examines the case Her Majesty's Inspector of Taxes v. JDC Services which arose from the provisions of the Construction Industry Scheme tax certificates. Background on the case; Requirements of the scheme; Ruling in the case.
- Ohio Supreme Court Confirms that Tax Appeal Procedures Must be Strictly Followed. Gall, Maryann B. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2004 Q1, p1
The article focuses on the need for the tax appeal procedures to be strictly followed as confirmed by the Ohio Supreme Court in the DeWeese versus Zaion case. Inclusion of capitalized interest that should not have been included in the taxable value of its manufacturing machinery and equipment in...
- Casebook. Ross, Mike // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug98, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p78
Provides information on a number of court cases around New Zealand relating to several issues. Reference to the matrimonial property lawsuit of Wood versus Wood filed in the High Court, New Plymouth; Details on the lawsuit surrounding tax deductions; Information on a lawsuit regarding...
- Retaliatory Lawsuits and Texas's Judicial Proceedings Privilege. Mangrum, Boyd // Review of Litigation;Summer2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p541
Discusses retaliatory lawsuits and Texas' judicial proceedings privilege. Definition of the term 'retaliatory lawsuit'; Nature and extent of judicial proceedings privilege; Parties protected by the privilege.
- The duty to take care. Edwards, K. Buckley // Accountancy;Sep72, Vol. 83 Issue 949, p87
Presents information about various lawsuits in the year 1972 in Great Britain. Discussion on various lawsuits between the companies and its stock holders; Details of the case involving I.G. Arenson, a shareholder in a company; Information about the proceedings in the case.
- circuit briefs. // Corporate Legal Times;Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 143, p50
Reports on two cases in the 5th Circuit in the U.S. as of October 2003. Chancery charges against State Supreme Court Justice Oliver Diaz Jr.; Settlement of class action against Firestone.
- ADA Violation Suits Swamp California Court System. Jackson, Liane // Corporate Legal Times;Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 143, p56
Focuses on lawsuits filed for violations of the Americans With Disabilities Act in the U.S. Violation of stringent state law standards.
- CIRCUIT ROUNDUP. Mack, Debbi // Corporate Legal Times;Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 143, p58
Discusses several actions and defenses in the U.S. as of October 2003. Disability suit against J.C. Penney; Breach of contract against Maya Angelou; Lawsuit filed by Saad Noah against America Online.