Indiana Governor Expected to Unveil Budget Reduction Plan
- Maryland's FY '03 Revenues $76 Million Less Than Expected. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;7/18/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31680, p28
Reports on the difference between the estimated and actual revenue gained by Maryland during the fiscal year of 2003. Possibility of a budget deficit for the fiscal year of 2004; Possible factors that led to the difference; Possible consequences of the decline in revenue according to the...
- Cash-Strapped Governors Walking a Tax-Reform Tightrope. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/4/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31754, p28
Focuses on the difficulty of governors in the Southwestern States to search for the middle ground between tax increases and lost revenues. Imposition of tax code to avert budget deficit; Transformation of complex tax laws; Assessment of property taxes and locks in ratios of tax rates.
- Hole in New Jersey Continues to Deepen As April Revenues Fall Drastically Short. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;5/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31384, p3
Reports the state revenue decline in New Jersey. Occurrence of budget deficits; Evaluation of departmental allocation; Assessment of the fiscal crisis.
- N.Y.C. Cuts $3 Billion Note Sale in Half. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31467, p5
Reports the cutting of revenue note sale in New York City. Cash balances of the year; Total budget deficit of the city.
- Pennsylvania Shortfall Deepens; Rendell Eyes Revise of FY 2011. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;5/4/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33310, p7
The article reports on the one billion dollars fiscal budget shortfall faced by Pennsylvania for 2010 due to its sluggish revenue collection and spending reduction.
- California's Budget Cuts Won't Suffice, Analysts Warn. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;11/16/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31267, p4
Discusses the prospects California's governor Gray Davis' proposal for $2.2 billion cuts in general fund budget for the year 2001, in balancing revenue shortfalls in the state. Shortfall in the revenues expected for fiscal 2002; Funds from different departments which Davis propose to cut;...
- Columbus' Discovery. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/7/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31795, p29
Reports on the extra revenue of the city government in Columbus, Ohio. Result of the spending cuts in 2003; Utilization of the fund to balance the operating budget deficit.
- Dems' rhetoric on state deficit is pure fantasy. Silva, Pete // New Hampshire Business Review;8/24/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p18
The article reports on the announcement of the non-partisan Office of the Legislative Budget Assistant that the budget of the New Hampshire Democrats had created a structural deficit of 845 million dollars which resulted to revenue shortfall.
- News In Brief: S&P Puts Wisconsin on Negative CreditWatch. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31311, p2
Reports on the warning given by the agency Standard & Poor's Corp. to Wisconsin regarding its downgrading credit if it does not improve on the budget shortfall. Effects of the revenue shortfall; Plans made by the Wisconsin Governor Scott McCallum to work on the revenue shortfall.