Closed-End Funds: Alliance, Nuveen Plan 11 New Launches
- Nuveen Investments Launches New High-Yield Municipal Bond Portfolio. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;11/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31767, p32
Reports that Nuveen Investments has launched a closed-end fund that will invest in high-yield municipal bonds. Amount of the raised fund; Advantages of investing in high-yield municipal bonds; Issuance of preferred shares at low short-term rates; Manager of the fund.
- Nuveen Tailors Closed-End Strategy to Avoid Rate-Hike Losses. Briggs, Amanda // Bond Buyer;5/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31879, p7
Reports that Chicago, Illinois-based Nuveen Investments has modified the investment strategy for its municipal closed-end exchange traded funds. Efforts to prevent losses created by rising interest rates; Number of closed-end municipal mutual funds of Nuveen; Public trading of the funds.
- Muni CEFs Manage to Avoid Volatility of Their Brethren. Seymour, Dan // American Banker;7/15/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 108, p11
The article discusses the relatively steady performance of closed-end municipal bond funds during 2010. Unlike closed-end funds related to stocks, bank loans, and other securities, the municipal funds have shown comparatively little volatility and recorded steady monthly gains. The largest...
- Nuveen Investments Proposes BAB Closed-End Fund. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;3/4/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33276, p7
The article reports on the plan of investment management firm Nuveen Investments Inc. to devote its investment vehicles to Build America Bonds (BAB) closed-end fund in the U.S.
- RESEARCH. // Money Management Executive;10/24/2016, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p3
The article reports on the study from asset management company Nuveen Investments Inc. which found that financial advisers recommend closed-end funds as their clients are increasingly seeking diversification and income opportunities for their existing portfolios.
- NEWS BRIEFS. // Pensions & Investments;8/8/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p21
The article presents news related to the field of investments. Nuveen Investments Inc. plans to acquire Santa Barbara Asset Management, which manages $2.8 billion in growth equities for institutions and high-net-worth investors, said spokesman Christopher Allen. Alliance Capital Management LP,...
- Closed-End Funds. // Bond Buyer;06/19/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30915, p6
Highlights the results of a survey of ten New York-specific and national closed-end municipal bond funds by Gruntal & Co. Analyst Michael McGrath's assessment of the closed-end funds market.
- With the bets it placed paying off, Alliance says `call us contrarian'. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;07/13/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30433, p1
Focuses on Alliance Capital Management's search for out-of-favor credits in the municipal bond market in New York City. Niche among non-proprietary funds; Portfolio manager Susan Keenan's development of buying strategy favoring securities others were passing up; Opportunity in New York City...
- PIMCO, BlackRock IPOs to Follow Nuveen's Lead. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;05/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31147, p8
Reports on Black Rock Inc. and PIMCO's initial public offerings (IPO) for closed-end municipal funds in the United States. Release dates; Results of Nuveen Investments' IPO for a number of funds; Appeal of the funds to investors.