Massachusetts Turnpike Bonds Hit With Negative Outlook by Moody's
- A Big Dig Hangover MassPike Expects to Avoid Market for 3 Years. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;12/1/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31771, p1
Reports on issues related to the multi-million-cost of a public works project in Massachusetts Turnpike, Massachusetts. Hangover of the project for four years; Cost of the project; Impact of the project on the finances and credit rating of the state.
- MASSACHUSETTS: MassPike Ponders Cuts. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;1/7/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32789, p9
The article reports on the possible creation of cost-cutting initiatives by the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority (MassPike) in order to manage the increasing spending cuts. According to MassPike head Alan LeBovidge, such initiatives will be primarily designed to gain fiscal stability. And as...
- America's highways go native. // American Nurseryman;3/1/94, Vol. 179 Issue 5, p17
Reports that Massachusetts' Landscape Management Program is turning the Massachusetts Turnpike into a more aesthetically pleasing and memorable stretch of road by emphasizing the natural and cultural landscapes of New England. Altered mowing practices; Pruning rather than removal of tall reeds...
- MassDOT Offers Underwriter REQ for Turnpike Debt. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;7/21/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33353, p24
The article reports on the offer of Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) to work on potential refunding of the 145 million dollars of Western Turnpike debt.
- Judge takes referendum on ending MassPike tolls off November ballot. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;06/25/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30422, p39
Reports on the unconstitutional ballot initiative which will remove tolls on Massachusetts Turnpike according to a ruling by the Massachusetts Judicial Supreme Court. Failure of Attorney General Scott Harshbarger and drafters of Free the Pike's petition to consider that interest payments due to...
- Let's Not Call It a Toll. Jallos-Prufer, Noah // Teen Ink;Nov2012, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p7
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of driving on toll tax road with shortage of money in Massachusetts Turnpike in Massachusetts.
- Boston to Sell $200 Million in GOs and Bans. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p4
Focuses on the proposed sale of multi-million dollar bonds and bond anticipation notes by Boston, Massachusetts. Electronic bidding system on which the bonds and notes are being priced; Components that make up the deal; Bond ratings by various rating agencies.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of September 2003. Marketing of general obligation bonds; Improvement of the bond rating of Catholic Healthcare West; Decline of the bond rating of the Massachusetts Health and Educational Facilities Authority.
- Endangered Issues. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p31
Reports on the declining rating on zoo bonds issued by Palm Beach County by Fitch Ratings in Florida.