Illinois Lawmakers Adjourn for Holiday; Rainy-Day Fund Tapped
Tags: LEGISLATIVE bills
- House health IT bill seeks to protect health information. // Healthcare Risk Management;Sep2008, Vol. 30 Issue 9, special section p3
The article focuses on the approval made by the House subcommittee for the effectivity of House Rule (HR) 6357 "Protecting Records, Optimizing Treatment, and Easing Communication through Healthcare Technology Act of 2008" or the PRO(TECH)T Act, which is intended to manage properly the health...
- Legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;09/23/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30236, p25
Reports on pending legislative bills in the US Congress as of September 22, 1997. Financial modernization; School construction bond interest cost subsidies; Solid-waste flow control; Clean Water Act renewal.
- Legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;11/24/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30279, p4
Presents an update concerning legislative bills in the United States as of November 24, 1997. Includes President Bill Clinton's signing of the District of Columbia's fiscal 1998 budget into law on November 19; Key provisions in the comprehensive balanced budget agreement for the District of...
- Legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;12/15/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30292, p6
Presents information pertaining to legislation in the United States. Information on the financial modernization bill that would allow banks, securities and insurance companies to own one another; Why President Bill Clinton's proposal to provide $5 million to help subsidize schools did not...
- West Virginia Cigarette Tax Hike Bill Held up. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/12/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31572, p1
Reports that West Virginia's Senate Finance Committee eliminated a bill to increase the state cigarette tax as of February 10, 2003. Factors contributing to the move; Details of the bill.
- Illinois Pension Bond Plan Facing Senate. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31599, p40
Focuses on the prospects of the legislative bill of $10 billion pension bonding package of Illinois state in the Senate on March 27, 2003. Importance of Republican votes for approval of the pension plan in the Senate; Number of votes needed for approval of the package; Amount which will be...
- D.C. Panel Gives Nod to Fiscal 2004 Package, Including $250 Million of GOs. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31674, p5
Reports on the approval of the fiscal 2004 spending bill by the House Appropriations Committee panel in Washington D.C. Reasons behind the decision; Description of the bill; Expectations from the package.
- Airport Bill. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31288, p29
Reports on a bill introduced by U.S. Representative William Lipinski in the Congress that would incorporate details of the expansion of O'Hare International Airport. Details of the legislation; Reaction of legislators to the inclusion of the expansion plan in the bill.
- Agency Proposed. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31288, p29
Reports that a bill sponsored by Detroit mayor-elect Kwame Kilpatrick that would create a regional transportation authority for the Detroit area in Michigan will be introduced in the state Senate as of 2003. Provisions made in the bill; Approval of a measure to overcome the opposition of local...
- West Virginia Governor Proposes Bills to Spur Pension, Tobacco Deals . Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;1/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31302, p5
Reports on the proposed legislative bill of West Virginia Governor Bob Wise as of January 11, 2002. Proposal to eliminate state Supreme Court test case hindering the sale of taxable pension bond; Proposal to allow the state to securitize money from the national tobacco settlement.