Use of an Ecological Approach to Worksite Health Promotion
- Health and Safety. // People Management;05/06/99, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p18
Presents news briefs on employee health and safety in Great Britain. Health risk in women, who work every day because of safety laws designed with male workers; Backing of European Community's proposal to extend working time legislation to transport workers and junior doctors; Details on a...
- Health risk factors: How advisers help clients. Taylor, Beth // Employee Benefit Adviser;Jun2012, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p12
The article discusses the importance of identifying the health risk factors for the employee population of a client for the establishment of an effective program with a total wellness solution that addresses these risks. With more employees delaying their retirement, human resource professionals...
- Firm target health risks. Kazel, Robert // Business Insurance;6/03/96, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p49
Features the wellness program of Wheelabrator Technologies Inc., a division of WMX Inc. of Oak Brook, Illinois. Identification of workers with chronic diseases; Education and laboratory screenings; Voluntary risk assessment, health fairs and special interest activities; Insurers involved in the...
- Health, happiness, job satisfaction. WOJCIK, JOANNE // Business Insurance;5/21/2012, p12
The article reports that the employee wellness programs of San Diego, California-based Event Network Inc. enhanced job satisfaction, happiness, and emotional state of its employees according to the health risk assessment tool provided by WellSource Inc.
- A REVIEW OF RECENT ORGANIZATIONAL HEALTH ASSESSMENTS. Goetzel, Ron Z.; Tabrizi, Maryan J.; Roemer, Enid Chung; Smith, Kristyn J.; Kent, Karen // American Journal of Health Promotion;May/Jun2013, Vol. 27 Issue 5, pTAHP-2
The article discusses workplace health promotion programs and presents reviews of several organizational health assessment instruments, including information on "The Health Enhancement Research Organization (HERO) Employee Health Management Best Practice Scorecard," developed by Jessica...
- Businesses Take Different Approaches to Wellness. PETERSON, MAGGIE WOLFF // State Journal (WV);10/7/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 39, p25
The article focuses on the different approaches taken by businesses to improve wellness of employees including the twice-monthly, one hour programs conducted at Gat Creek, health-risk assessment at WVU Hospitals East, and the benefits package for employees at Hollywood Casino.
- Transamerica Publishes Workplace Wellness Guide. staff, PLANSPONSOR // Plan Sponsor News;2015, p1
The report covers employee and organizational health factors, steps for implementing a workplace wellness program and employer success stories.
- Metabolic syndrome costs more than you think. // Occupational Health Management;Jun2009, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p4
The article focuses on the "Health for Life 3-Step Wellness Check" program of Intel Corp., to reduce health risk of employees for metabolic syndrome. It cites Patti Clavier, a registered nurse and senior project manager of the company, detailing the positive development of the program in...
- Bringing high-level HPM theory to the street. Meyer, Les C. // Employee Benefit News;Oct2006, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p11
No abstract available.