Assessing Health Promotion Programming in Small Business
- New OH adviceline. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Feb2012, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p4
The article reports on the launch of a free "Health for Work" adviceline aimed at helping small businesses reduce sickness absence and improve the health and wellbeing of their workforce in England.
- SMEs must work harder on employee health. // People Management;Jan2016, p55
The article reports on the need for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to rethink their response to health and safety in the workplace, according to research from The Work Foundation's Health at Work Policy Unit.
- D&B survey reveals fewer small businesses offer health care benefits. Doescher, William F. // Business Credit;Oct98, Vol. 100 Issue 9, p57
Presents the results of a survey conducted by Dun and Bradstreet on the health benefits offered by small businesses in the United States to their employees. Percentage of small businesses offering health care benefits to employees; Reasons for this trend; Methodology used to conduct the survey;...
- Small biz must jump into health insurance pools. Crain, Rance; Blake, David; Reed, Robert; Crown, Judith // Crain's Chicago Business;6/16/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p8
Small business owners agree that the cost of employee health insurance is too high and only destined to climb in the coming years. By pooling their resources, small companies would enjoy greater leverage with insurance providers, enabling them to effectively bargain on rates and services much as...
- Evaluation of a Worksite Injury and Illness Prevention Program: Do the Effects of the REACH OUT Training Program Reach the Employees? Wells, Meredith; Stokols, Daniel; McMahan, Shari; Clitheroe, Chip // Journal of Occupational Health Psychology;Jan1997, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p25
Reports on the findings of a 2-year study evaluating the effectiveness of REACH OUT, a training program designed to assist small businesses develop and implement a worksite Injury and Illness Prevention Program. Participation of Southern California small businesses in the study; Performance of...
- A qualitative study of pandemic influenza preparedness among small and medium-sized businesses in New York City. Burton, Deron C.; Confield, Evan; Gasner, Mary Rose; Weisfuse, Isaac B. // Journal of Business Continuity & Emergency Planning;Oct2011, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p267
Small businesses need to engage in continuity planning to assure delivery of goods and services and to sustain the economy during an influenza pandemic. This is especially true in New York City, where 98 per cent of businesses have fewer than 100 employees. It was an objective therefore, to...
- Numbers show wellness programs more advantageous in mid-market. WOJCIK, JOANNE // Business Insurance;7/25/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 29, p6
The article reports on the advantages of midsize employers over their bigger counterparts in the implementation of wellness programs and the benefits from their results in the U.S. According to experts, mid-market employers that incorporate wellness programs in their business strategies will...
- KEEN CELEBRATES TWO MINNESOTA BUSINESSES. // MinnesotaBusiness;Jul2012, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the Recess Pilot Program by Keen Inc. that aims to support the employee wellness programs of several U.S. small businesses, including Minnesota's Minnesota Twist Drill, Virginia's Summit Publishing, and California's Mindbody.
- Effectiveness of Health and Safety in Small Enterprises: A Systematic Review of Quantitative Evaluations of Interventions. Breslin, F. Curtis; Kyle, Natasha; Bigelow, Philip; Irvin, Emma; Morassaei, Sara; MacEachen, Ellen; Mahood, Quenby; Couban, Rachel; Shannon, Harry; Amick III, Benjamin C. // Journal of Occupational Rehabilitation;Jun2010, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p163
Introduction This systematic review was conducted to identify effective occupational health and safety interventions for small businesses. Methods The review focused on peer-reviewed intervention studies conducted in small businesses with 100 or fewer employees, that were published in English...