Use of the Delphi Method and Nominal Group Technique in Front-End Market Segmentation
- MARKET SEGMENTATION VS. SEGMENTED MARKETING. Longman, Kenneth A. // Interfaces;Jun1971, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p38
The article discusses the variety of ways to segment markets. All the activity in marketing research devoted to segmentation indicate that there is enormous value to marketers in knowing how their markets are segmented. The article reports on some acquaintances, which made a little mathematical...
- Analyzing Marketing Research Data with Incomplete Information on the Dependent Variable. Malhotra, Naresh K. // Journal of Marketing Research (JMR);Feb1987, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p74
The author presents the general EM algorithm for analyzing incomplete data. As a specific application of the EM algorithm, a model is proposed for analyzing incomplete data in an important class of problems in marketing research. A simple estimation procedure also is developed. The model is...
- Information access issues for interdisciplinary scholars: Results of a Delphi study on women's... Westbrook, Lynn // Journal of Academic Librarianship;May97, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p211
Discusses results of a study on Women's Studies using the Delphi technique. Features of Women' Studies; Criteria in using the right Delphi technique; Establishment of focal point and panel; Need for deeper examination of alternative literature indices; Proposal to develop experimental research...
- DELPHI IMPROVES SALES FORECASTS: MALAYSIA'S ELECTRONIC COMPANIES' EXPERIENCE. Ismail, Zuhaimy Haji; Ahamad, Maizah Hura // Journal of Business Forecasting Methods & Systems;Summer2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p22
Shows that business forecasts generated by Delphi method tends to improve the quality of forecasts. Factors affecting the success of the Delphi method; Outline of the Delphi procedure; Differences between company forecasts and Delphi forecasts.
- Projecting the Next Decade in Safety Management. Adams, Shawn J. // Professional Safety;Oct2001, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p26
Focuses on a study which predicted trends in safety management using the Delphi Technique. Subjects and methods; Uses of the Delphi Technique as a planning tool; Details of trends in safety management predicted by the Delphi Panel.
- Development of a uniquely South African leadership questionnaire. Spangenberg, Hermann H.; Theron, Callie C. // South African Journal of Psychology;Jun2002, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p9
This paper describes the development of a leadership questionnaire the aim of which is to assess the behaviours required to lead change and transformation, while at the same time managing organisational unit performance effectively. A Delphi technique was used to facilitate the identification...
- Trends in Counseling: A Delphi Study. Daniel, Richard W.; Weikel, William J. // Personnel & Guidance Journal;Feb83, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p327
Counselor preparation faculty used a Delphi procedure to forecast 48 possible trends in the areas of preparation, licensure, funding, professionalism, organizational bases and counseling procedures.
- Selection of W-pair-production in DELPHI with feed-forward neural networks. Becks, K.-H.; Buschmann, P.; Drees, J.; Mu¨ller, U.; Wahlen, H. // AIP Conference Proceedings;2001, Vol. 583 Issue 1, p80
Since 1998 feed-forward networks have been applied for the separation of hadronic WW-decays from background processes measured by the DELPHI collaboration at different center-of-mass energies of the Large Electron Positron collider at CERN. Prior to the publication of the 189 GeV results (1)...
- No flow of knowledge across the Rhine. Patel, Tara // New Scientist;4/15/95, Vol. 146 Issue 1973, p5
Reports on the findings of a study concerning the striking difference of France and Germany concerning their views of international leadership in technology. France's attempt to copy Japan's 25-year-old Delphi project; Compatibility of Delphi's design to the Japanese rather than European culture.