Satanic Service In Kentucky Prison Sparks Controversy
- Burnet County Jail Log. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);1/2/2008, Vol. 136 Issue 1, p4A
The article lists persons that have been booked into the Burnet County Jail in Texas from December 18-22, 2007.
- Burnet County Jail Log. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);9/16/2009, Vol. 137 Issue 37, p10A
The article offers information on various individuals who have been booked into the Burnet County Jail in Texas from September 4-7, 2009.
- Prisoners to count in home communities. Brown, Nathan // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;8/5/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 184, p8
The article reports that more than 14,000 of the 300,000 residents of Betty Little's state Senate district were prison inmates as of the 2000 census in New York.
- Justice, talk-radio style. Collins, James; Tippit, Sarah // Time International (South Pacific Edition);10/21/96, Issue 43, p53
Reports that an prison inmate murdered a fellow inmate, the murderer of a small girl, after hearing about the man's case on a local talk show in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The retrospective by the `Russ & Bo Show' on WTKS-FM; Donald McDougall starving and beating Ursula Sunshine Assaid to death...
- U.S. prison population grows at record rate. // Corrections Today;Feb96, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p20
Reports on the increase in the number of state and federal inmates between June 1994 and June 1995. What the Bureau of Justice Statistics noted; What Texas accounts for.
- One-third of Ga. inmates not `fit to kill.' // Corrections Today;Feb96, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p20
Reports that commissioner of the Georgia Department of Corrections Wayne Garner told state lawmakers that a third of the state's inmates should not be killed. What inmates are expected to do; Statements by Garner.
- Report: Growth of Prison Populations Continues to Slow. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/23/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31371, p5
Reports on the decline in overall growth rates of state prison populations in the U.S. Details of the report released by the Bureau of Justice Statistics; Indication of the slowdown in the growth of inmate populations; Decline of the crime rate.
- Alcatraz Island. // National Parks;May/Jun88, Vol. 62 Issue 5/6, p46
Provides information on the federal prison system in Alcatraz Island, California. Reason for the placement of a federal penitentiary in the island; Inmate population; Prison regulations; Serious violations committed by the prisoners.
- Inside Track. Zack, Jessica Werner // Runner's World;Feb2007, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p25
The article highlights the San Quentin 1,000-Mile Club, a group of inmates at the San Quentin prison facility (California) who run together regularly around the recreation yard, a program launched by prison educator Laura Bowman.