Correlates of Credit Card Adoption in Urban China
- Is getting a loan or credit card in the UK too easy? // Mortgage Strategy;7/10/2006, p23
The article presents the views of people on whether getting a loan or credit card in Great Britain is too easy. According to Santiago Hurtado, people who have credit cards tend to spend more than they should especially the young people who spend what they cannot afford. Randy Chapman thinks that...
- Pay less interest on your card balance. Carter, Adrienne // Money;Aug2000, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p125
Offers advice on how to pay less interest on a credit card while paying off the balance. Credit cards that offer teaser rates; The advantage of using two credit cards; Financial institutions that offer lower rates than most major banks.
- Four Things to Know Before Switching Cards. L. S. // Essence (Time Inc.);Nov2005, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p118
The article discusses several factors that should be considered by credit card owners when planning to transfer balance to another card with a zero or low-introductory rate. According to Bankrate, a Web site that provides consumer credit-card information, factors to be considered include the...
- Become a Credit Card Shark. Hannon, Kerry // U.S. News & World Report;12/26/2005-1/2/06, Vol. 139 Issue 24, p73
Offers advice on credit cards--how to live in harmony with your existing card and when it is time to go shopping for a new one. Tips are given on finding cards with the lowest rates, the importance of paying bills on time, grace periods, reward offers, and paying down a balance.
- Balance transfer traps. BEKIARIS, MARIA // Money (Australia Edition);Nov2010, Issue 129, p15
The article discusses the disadvantages of using balance transfer to clear credit card debts.
- A degree of hope. Stowers, Andrea // Mortgage Banking;Apr98, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p68
Reports on opportunities for loss mitigation and borrower rehabilitation in the credit card industry in the United States. Causes of bankruptcy; Details about Chapter 13 of the Bankruptcy Code; Debtor education; Benefits from providing basic education in the management of personal finances.
- Snowballing! // Challenge Newsline;Apr2009, Issue 616, p4
The article outlines the steps that a credit card holder can take in order to deal with his or her credit card debt and learn how to live without credit cards.
- Credit counselor sees trouble ahead. Kjos, Tiffany // Inside Tucson Business;01/17/2000, Vol. 9 Issue 43, p1
Focuses on credit card debt problems experienced by American consumers as they accumulate credit purchases faster than they can pay for them. Loss of the concept of delayed gratification within the American society; Decline in the amount Americans are saving; Education as the key to preventing...
- Study Says Biz Card Issuers Should Market More To Women. Lee, W.A. // American Banker;10/2/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 189, p5
Reports on the highlights of the United States-based study titled 'Women and Credit Cards,' published by Marketresearch.com and the Simmons Research Bureau. Percentage of women credit card holders; Recommendation that issuers should sell their products more aggressively to women; American...