Correlates of Credit Card Adoption in Urban China
- Is getting a loan or credit card in the UK too easy? // Mortgage Strategy;7/10/2006, p23
The article presents the views of people on whether getting a loan or credit card in Great Britain is too easy. According to Santiago Hurtado, people who have credit cards tend to spend more than they should especially the young people who spend what they cannot afford. Randy Chapman thinks that...
- Four Things to Know Before Switching Cards. L. S. // Essence (Time Inc.);Nov2005, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p118
The article discusses several factors that should be considered by credit card owners when planning to transfer balance to another card with a zero or low-introductory rate. According to Bankrate, a Web site that provides consumer credit-card information, factors to be considered include the...
- Pay less interest on your card balance. Carter, Adrienne // Money;Aug2000, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p125
Offers advice on how to pay less interest on a credit card while paying off the balance. Credit cards that offer teaser rates; The advantage of using two credit cards; Financial institutions that offer lower rates than most major banks.
- Become a Credit Card Shark. Hannon, Kerry // U.S. News & World Report;12/26/2005-1/2/06, Vol. 139 Issue 24, p73
Offers advice on credit cards--how to live in harmony with your existing card and when it is time to go shopping for a new one. Tips are given on finding cards with the lowest rates, the importance of paying bills on time, grace periods, reward offers, and paying down a balance.
- UK prepaid cards: parental guidance is key to success. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;Mar2006, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p11
The article argues against the concerns that pre-paid cards are encouraging teenagers in Great Britain to get into debt. The following are the benefits of using credit cards: better security, possible use of the cards online and abroad and the ability to enable parents to load cash into the card...
- Debtors in Turkey Offered New Schedule. // American Banker;6/16/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 114, p7
The author reports on repayment plans that have been established for people with credit card debt in Turkey. Steps that have been taken to assist customers in repaying their credit card debt are mentioned, including to waive fines and interest. The amount of debt that is addressed through these...
- Credit Cards A Threat To South Korean Economy: Report. Chibber, Ankush // CardLine;4/9/2010, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p39
The article reports that according to a report released by the National Information and Credit Evaluation credit-scoring agency in South Korea, more than 66% of Korean consumers are using credit cards for excessive borrowing. It reveals that credit card is one of the major borrowing tools,...
- FINANCIAL EMANCIPATION: THE NEXT PROCLAMATION. Brantley, Mark S. // New York Amsterdam News;5/23/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 21, p11
The article presents the author's opinion on the rising outstanding debt and consumer credit in the U.S. The author imagines the consequences if the U.S. President grants financial emancipation by proclamation just like President Abraham Lincoln did by signing the Emancipation Proclamation. The...
- Marked cards. // Money (14446219);Nov2002, p30
Presents an opinion about managing credit cards. Discussion on the issue about the interchange fee; Advantages of paying off an entire credit card balance within the interest fee period; Effect of credit card reforms to card holders.