Correlates of Credit Card Adoption in Urban China
- Is getting a loan or credit card in the UK too easy? // Mortgage Strategy;7/10/2006, p23
The article presents the views of people on whether getting a loan or credit card in Great Britain is too easy. According to Santiago Hurtado, people who have credit cards tend to spend more than they should especially the young people who spend what they cannot afford. Randy Chapman thinks that...
- Four Things to Know Before Switching Cards. L. S. // Essence (Time Inc.);Nov2005, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p118
The article discusses several factors that should be considered by credit card owners when planning to transfer balance to another card with a zero or low-introductory rate. According to Bankrate, a Web site that provides consumer credit-card information, factors to be considered include the...
- Pay less interest on your card balance. Carter, Adrienne // Money;Aug2000, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p125
Offers advice on how to pay less interest on a credit card while paying off the balance. Credit cards that offer teaser rates; The advantage of using two credit cards; Financial institutions that offer lower rates than most major banks.
- Become a Credit Card Shark. Hannon, Kerry // U.S. News & World Report;12/26/2005-1/2/06, Vol. 139 Issue 24, p73
Offers advice on credit cards--how to live in harmony with your existing card and when it is time to go shopping for a new one. Tips are given on finding cards with the lowest rates, the importance of paying bills on time, grace periods, reward offers, and paying down a balance.
- Marked cards. // Money (14446219);Nov2002, p30
Presents an opinion about managing credit cards. Discussion on the issue about the interchange fee; Advantages of paying off an entire credit card balance within the interest fee period; Effect of credit card reforms to card holders.
- Gold cards. Zahos, Effie // Money (14446219);Nov2002, p68
Gives pieces of advice in applying for a gold credit card. Factors to consider in applying for gold credit cards; Standards for getting a credit card; Benefits from gold credit cards.
- Balance transfer traps. BEKIARIS, MARIA // Money (14446219);Nov2010, Issue 129, p15
The article discusses the disadvantages of using balance transfer to clear credit card debts.
- A degree of hope. Stowers, Andrea // Mortgage Banking;Apr98, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p68
Reports on opportunities for loss mitigation and borrower rehabilitation in the credit card industry in the United States. Causes of bankruptcy; Details about Chapter 13 of the Bankruptcy Code; Debtor education; Benefits from providing basic education in the management of personal finances.
- Snowballing! // Challenge Newsline;Apr2009, Issue 616, p4
The article outlines the steps that a credit card holder can take in order to deal with his or her credit card debt and learn how to live without credit cards.