Martin Stone hailed as pioneer in local radio
- WVIP-FM sold for $1.2 million to Putnam County broadcaster. McBride, Caryn A. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/26/93, Vol. 32 Issue 30, p9
Reports on the sale of the WVIP Broadcasting Corp. for $1.2 million to Impulse Broadcasting Corp. of Patterson. Details of the purchase; Purpose; Companies' backgrounds.
- New management, format mark WVIP's comeback. Davila, Tito // Westchester County Business Journal;08/31/98, Vol. 37 Issue 35, p9
Reports that WVIP radio has resumed its broadcasting operations following its closure due to a fire accident that damage its Mount Kisco studios in Westchester, New York. Strategies to attract listeners; Reopening of WVIP under the management of Suburban Broadcasting Corp.; Overview on the...
- SILENT KEYS. Capodicasa, Kathy // QST;Dec2005, Vol. 89 Issue 12, p83
Presents a list of amateur radio broadcasters who already passed away as of December 2005.
- Jack Buck. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/24/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 26, p41
Presents an obituary for announcer Jack Buck who died on June 18, 2002 in Ohio.
- WBAI program director Somari Tarik Marksman passes. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;03/25/99, Vol. 90 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the death of WBAI radio station program director Somari Tarik Marksman. Heart attack as cause of Marksman's death; Career progression and achievements; Family background; Contributions to the democratization of New York, New York's radio broadcasting industry.
- WWRL radio's Dream Team morning man passes. Pryce, Vinette K. // New York Amsterdam News;05/04/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 18, p21
Presents an obituary for WWRL radio announcer Enoch Hawthorne Gregory in New York, New York who died on April 29, 2000. Impressions of former WWRL public affairs director Bob Law; Identification of Gregory as `the Dixie Drifter'; Details on surviving family members.
- Samori Marksman, revolutionary activist and broadcast journalist, dies. Brath, Elombe // New York Amsterdam News;04/08/99, Vol. 90 Issue 15, p36
Profiles the late radio broadcaster Samori Tarik Marksman. Interest in getting justice for Amadou Diallo, whose murder has aroused criticisms against police brutality; Career history; Political activities in the African country of Guinea.
- The Windy City loses a most-beloved radio personality. Dale, Steve // Dog World;May2000, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p62
Pays tribute to Bob Collins, a radio announcer at WGN radio in Chicago, Illinois and an animal lover especially dogs.
- Frankie Crocker dead at 59. Alleyne, P. Llanor // Broadcasting & Cable;11/06/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 46, p73
Reports on the death of radio broadcaster Frankie Crocker. Background on his career progression; Awards and recognitions received; Impact of his death on urban black radio.