S&P: Volatile Energy Market, Rates Are DWR's Main Obstacles
- Next-Generation power Management Architectures. Georgalis, George // Power Electronics Technology;Apr2004, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p86
Shares views on power management architecture. Efforts of power supply companies to make advances in increasing power density; Management of power architectures; Factors in achieving high power density.
- LH Wave Coupling over ITER-Like Distances at JET. Rantamäki, K.; Ekedahl, A.; Goniche, M.; Mailloux, J.; Petrzilka, V.; Granucci, G.; Alper, B.; Arnoux, G.; Baranov, Y.; Delpech, L.; Erents, K.; Hawkes, N.; Hobirk, J.; Joffrin, E.; Kirov, K.; Loarer, T.; Nave, F.; Nunes, I.; Ongena, J.; Parail, V. // AIP Conference Proceedings;9/15/2007, Vol. 933 Issue 1, p261
Good coupling of LH power at plasma-launcher distance of 15 cm has been obtained at JET. Near-gas injection is used to increase the density in front of the grill. The role of LH power in the density increase at constant gas level is demonstrated. For the first time at JET the temperature of the...
- Breaking up big six will push up prices. // Utility Week;1/24/2014, p11
The article reports that UK energy secretary Ed Davey speaking about the possible increase in retail energy prices if the idea of separation of retail and generation arms of vertically integrated energy companies is implemented.
- Kenya's chamber of mines has requested lower power charges. // World Energy News;7/17/15, p1
No abstract available.
- Common mode noise rejection in measuring channels. Jun, Su; Kochan, Orest // Instruments & Experimental Techniques;Jan2015, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p86
There is a solution proposed in this paper to reject common mode noise (caused by potential difference between a sensor and a measurement channel) in measurement channels. Its main idea is to provide power supply of measuring subsystem using either an accumulator or a capacitor, which is...
- Puerto Rico's power problems carry big costs. MARINO, JOHN // Caribbean Business;12/5/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 47, p19
The article focuses on the report of the Center for a New Economy (CNE) on the unreasonable charges put by Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority (Prepa) to their clients. CNE argues that outside the control of consumers over electricity use, or the way petroleum cost rises or decline in the world...
- Electric Load Forecasting of Electric Vehicles in Charging. Wei Liu; Tao Wei; Mingxin Zhao; Dan Xu; Chao Gao // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 672-674, p1165
This paper forecast the electric load of the mass electric cars connected to the electric grid in charging and discharging; considered the inventory forecast of electric vehicles; comprehensive analyzed the charge and discharge characteristics of the electric cars' charging infrastructures and...
- Vehicle to Grid Services: Potential and Applications. Ehsani, Mehrdad; Falahi, Milad; Lotfifard, Saeed // Energies (19961073);Oct2012, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p4076
Electric Vehicle (EV) technology is expected to take a major share in the light-vehicle market in the coming decades. Charging of EVs will put an extra burden on the distribution grid and in some cases adjustments will need to be made. On the other hand, EVs have the potential to support the...
- Check and Recheck That Bill. Warren, Willard L. // Lighting Design & Application;Feb2013, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p10
The article discusses ways on how to control and save energy in New York City. It explores the use by the owner of a new high-rise office building of a lighting control that led him to claim savings of $600,000. It also relates the use of light emitting diodes (LEDs) and huge electronic chips in...