Merrill Rebuilds Health Care Group by Snaring Goldman, Lehman Bankers
- Health Care: Merrill Sees Recovering Sector Issuing $20 Billion This Year. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;1/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31311, p6
Reports that the U.S. health care issuers will continue to take advantage of the increased access to affordable financing through the municipal market in 2002 according to a report released by the company Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. Total return of the 2001 municipal health care; Outlook of the...
- Employees shouldering burden. Trager, Cara S. // Crain's New York Business;11/20/95, Vol. 11 Issue 47, p37
Focuses on employee health care at Merrill Lynch. On-site mammograms; Offering of indemnity insurance and managed care plans; Clinical management review process; Basing of employees' medical payments on salaries.
- Merrill Adds Rooney to Boost General Midwest Muni Business. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/30/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31751, p6
Announces Merrill Lynch & Co.'s hiring Chicago, Illinois-based public finance banker Phillip Rooney. Qualifications; Previous position held.
- Laid-Off Merrill Lynch Bankers Viewed as Hot Commodity. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;04/10/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31115, p29
Reports that some Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. bankers who were laid off are being courted by regional firms in the United States. Talents of the bankers dismissed.
- Capital gains. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;7/9/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 28, p11
Reports on the plan of Merrill Lynch & Co. to create a private-equity healthcare fund in the United States. Value of the fund; Sources of investment for the healthcare fund.
- An Unflappable Manager, Merrill's Safreno Leads Rebound in Firm's Healthcare Banking: Tripling the unit, not giving up on services, are reasons for success. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/26/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 12, pN.PAG
Profiles health care banking head at Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. Casey Safreno. Professional background of Safreno; Health care deals undertaken by Merrill Lynch; Team building efforts undertaken by Safreno.
- Merrill to offer combined services due to surge in health care mergers. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;04/14/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30371, p29
Reports that Merrill Lynch & Co. is teaming its taxable and tax-exempt health care financing professionals in an effort to establish a `one-stop shopping' center for the financing needs that are growing out of mergers and acquisitions within the health care industry in the United States. Firm's...
- Merrill Adds Three To Seattle Office. Walker, Sussane // Bond Buyer;4/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31857, p7
Reports on the recruitment of three bankers by Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. in a public finance group in Seattle, Washington. Names of the bankers; Career background of the hired executives; Responsibility of the executives.
- Who won, who lost in Merrill's FIG shuffle is a matter of debate. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;08/02/99, Vol. 65 Issue 31, p3
Reports on Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.'s objective in promoting Herbert Lurie without making him manage any bankers. Problems with Merrill's financial institutions group (FIG); Conflict between Lurie and Louis Wolfe, formerly co-head of the FIG group; Defection of FIG members to other investment...