House Panel Looks at Speeding Up Environmental Process
- Massachusetts House Passes $250 Million Road Bond Bill. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;7/18/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31430, p3
Reports on the passage of a bill for road improvements in Massachusetts. Schedule of a Senate vote on the bill; Provisions of the bill; Budget allocated in state bond funds.
- Nebraska Road Bonding Measure Advances. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;3/31/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34084, p1
The article reports about a Legislative Bill 902 that would allow Nebraska to issue bonds for highway construction advanced despite an eight-hour filibuster aimed at derailing the bill in March 2014.
- Bill Boosts Garvee Bonds. Willaimson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/5/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33742, p5
The article informs that the passage of the U.S. Moving Ahead For Progress in the 21st Century Act will enable states in the U.S. to accelerate highway construction projects by the use of GARVEE bonds.
- New highway bill leaves $4 billion deficit. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);7/2/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 27, Special section p8
This article presents information on the Assembly Bill 595 signed by Nevada Governor Jim Gibbons into law. The bill provides the state with a $1 billion infusion for highway construction funding, which includes a $20 million commitment from the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority. But...
- CALIFORNIA: HOT Lanes in Riverside. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/20/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32904, p9
The article reports that California has drafted the Senate Bill 1316 (SB 1316) to facilitate the creation of high-occupancy toll lanes on the State Route 91 freeway in Riverside County. The bill allows the Riverside County Transportation Commission to build high-occupancy toll lanes on its...
- Legacy Stays Stalled. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/2/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32187, p27
Reports on the failure of the attempt of Senator Orrin Hatch to insert language into the federal transportation bill that would have prevented further legal action against the Legacy Highway project, as the provision came under fire from environmentalists in Utah.
- Colorado's Ritter Signs Bill to Speed Road Projects. WILLIAMSON, RICHARD // Bond Buyer;3/3/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33073, p4
The article reports on the signing of the SB 108 bill by Colorado Governor Bill Ritter, which creates a $250 million revenue stream for bonds to accelerate road construction. Under the Funding Advancements for Surface Transportation and Economic Recovery (FASTER) bill, the state will levy $2 per...
- New highway legislation introduced. // Pit & Quarry;Mar2002, Vol. 94 Issue 10, p64
Reports on the introduction of bipartisan legislation designed to increase highway funding in all U.S. states by transportation committee leaders in both the House and Senate in 2002. Objective of the funding; Significance of the bill; Amount of highway budget that will be distributed among the...
- Survey Says. // Pit & Quarry;Oct2005, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p1
Presents a chart related to satisfaction on the highway construction funding bill in the U.S.