Pennsylvania Goes for Big Savings in $698 Million Deal
- IRS: Chicago Park District Deal Taxable. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;12/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31530, p1
Reports on a preliminary determination of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that several million dollars in advance refunding bonds issued by the Park District of Chicago, Illinois should be declared taxable. Reasons for the determination issued in a policy on December 6, 2002; Key...
- Illinois Sports Authority Readying Refunding. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/18/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F327, p1
The article reports that the Illinois Sports Facilities Authority's decision to bring a roughly 278 million dollars refunding to market to assist the challenges of managing an escalating debt service. It states that primary revenue of the authority comes from a two percent tax on city hotels,...
- Chicago Park District Audit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/21/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31413, p1
Reports the launching of Chicago Park District advance refunding focusing on the use of reimbursement product to repay the outstanding bonds in Illinois. Submission of municipal securities information repositories; Plans to issue tax anticipation warrants; Partnership between Park District and...
- Charlotte Enters Into Swap on $108 Million Refunding. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/5/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31442, p3
Reports the marketing of the revenue refunding bonds in Charlotte, North Carolina. Generation of net-present value savings; Issuance of debt refunds fixed-rate debt; Finance for the water and sewer capital improvement program.
- Show Me the Refunding. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31474, p1
Reports the selling of the advance and current obligation refunding bonds of Missouri. Management of the various revenue bond programs of the state; Percentage of net present value savings on the portion of bonds; Series of selling general obligation refunding bonds.
- Rosemont, Ill., Ready to Refund $70 Million of TIF Debt. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/30/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31667, p3
The village of Rosemont, Illinois, will be in the market on July 1, 2003 with $70 million of taxable and tax-exempt general obligation corporate purpose refunding bonds in order to free up tax increment revenue from the entertainment district where it had planned to put a casino. The Chicago...
- Miami-Dade to Sell $1.5B In 2 Parts. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;10/23/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33801, p1
The article informs that Miami-Dade County, Florida is planning to sell its revenue refunding bond of 1.5 billion U.S. dollars in two parts in October 2012.
- St. Louis to Refund $355M Of Lambert Airport Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/15/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32529, p5
The article reports on the plan of St. Louis, Missouri to refund nearly $355 million of Lambert-St.Loius International Airport revenue bonds in early January 2007. This move is said to reflect a return stability after five turbulent years. In addition, the bonds are split into two series, one...
- Refunding Saves S100M. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/10/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33712, p9
The article reports that the 803 million dollars refunding of gasoline and fuels tax revenue bonds in Louisiana saved over 100 million dollars in debt service costs.