Chicago Selling $206M GO Deal With Floating- to Fixed-Rate Swap
- Lawmakers Latch Onto Idea of Tax-Credit Bonds. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;05/03/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30883, p4
Discusses the growing popularity of tax-credit bonds in United States Congress as a potential way for states and localities to raise money for specific purposes. Aspects of the tax-credit bond bills introduced in 2000; Reasons for the bills' little chance of immediate success; Raised awareness...
- DOT Proposal May Boost Tax-Exempts. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;4/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31611, p1
The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) is considering asking Congress to change the tax laws to allow private companies to use an unlimited amount of tax-exempt bonds to finance the construction of transportation infrastructure projects as part of the government's proposal to reauthorize...
- IRS Panel to Consider Probing 16 for Tax Promoter Violations. Barnell, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;11/24/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32017, p1
Reports on the meeting of the Internal Revenue Service committee to decide whether the tax exempt bond office should investigate 16 firms and individuals for tax promoter violations under the tax code in the U.S. Discussion on the potential cases regarding tax code violations; Involvement of...
- CAPITAL WATCH. Kinnander, Ola; Sanchez, Humberto; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/4/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31216, p4
No abstract available.
- Corporate Tax Bill and Its Muni Measures Clear the House. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;10/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31987, p5
Cites the key provisions of the corporate tax bill approved by the U.S. House of Representatives in October 7, 2004. Provisions that would ease restrictions on small issue industrial development bonds; Green bond demonstration project included in the corporate tax package; Revenue raising...
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew; Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;06/21/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31165, p35
Reports developments related to bonds and bond markets in the United States as of June 2001. Creation of a Community Enhancement Taskforce to review projects funded with bond issues in Broward County, Florida; Increase in revenue collections in Georgia; Approval of a bill to increase exemptions...
- Louisiana Agency Settles Charges With IRS. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/20/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32819, p4
The article reports on the settlement of tax law charges by the Louisiana Local Government Environmental Facilities and Community Development Authority with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service aimed at preserving the tax-exempt status of $110 million of Series A revenue bonds it issued in 2000....
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;6/3/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31399, p37
Presents a chart depicting the legislative status of bond buyers in the U.S. Enactment of the Qualified Zone Academy Bond program; Status of the Internet Tax Nondiscriminant Act; Provisions of the clean water state revolving fund loan program.
- A Quirk in Volume Cap Hike Penalizes 29 Largest States. Ferris, Craig T.; Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;8/22/2002, Vol. 241 Issue 31455, p1
Reports the increase on the cost-of-living in the private-activity bond volume cap in the U.S. Information on the volume cap increase provision; Limitation on the volume cap; Basis for the inflation adjustment.