House Panel Approves $60 Billion Transportation Bill
- Federal Funds Back in the Picture as EPA Signs Off on Bay Area Transit Plan. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;3/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31345, p4
Focuses on the federal funds for the San Francisco Bay Area's transportation authority in California. Total amount of federal funds; Role of Metropolitan Transportation Commission in the state; Benefits of the federal funds to the state.
- Calif. Official Vows to Expand Alameda Corridor Project. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;5/20/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31390, p29
Reports the expansion of Alameda Corridor project in California. Cost of the transportation project; Benefits of the Alameda project; Consideration of mass transit proposals.
- D.C. Council of Governments Seeks 15% Spending Hike. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31518, p5
Reports on the demand for increase in federal transportation funding made by the Metropolitan Washington, D.C., Council of Governments. Need for increase in transportation funding in the region; Members of the board of the council; Highway funding for the fiscal year 2002.
- California Infrastructure Finance Needs Work. Danczyk, Paul A. // PA Times;Feb2001, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on the need for additional government funding of California's transportation infrastructure. Overview on the current status of the state's public finance system; Efforts of the California Department of Transportation aimed at increasing state infrastructure financing; Suggested...
- Illinois Transportation Authority CFO Looks Beyond GOs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;04/06/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31113, p4
Reports that Illinois' Regional Transportation Authority is pondering an expansion into other financing territories such as the leveraging of federal grants and interest rate swaps. Credit rating of the agency; Addition bonding authorization given to the authority under the state's public works...
- Hungry for Power, California Obtains $3.5 Billion Bridge Loan. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;6/20/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31164, p1
Reports that California has obtained a bridge loan arranged by J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. and Lehman Brothers. Plans to use the proceeds of the loan to buy more power for the state's hard-pressed utilities; California's plan to obtain additional funds by the time the bridge loan is scheduled...
- Transit Projects' Success Relies on Navigating Risk, Panelists Say. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;06/20/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30916, p4
Highlights the topics discussed at the `The Bond Buyer' Transportation Finance Conference held in New York. Factors that can help improve the way risk is allocated in transportation projects; Recommended ways for mitigating the risk of opposition to issuance of bonds for transportation projects.
- An answer to the County's skyrocketing transportation needs. Webster Jr., Gordie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;9/13/2002, Issue 322981, p20
Comments on the solution to the transportation needs in California. Need for the approval of Measure C by the voters of Fresno County; Elements of the transportation measure; Accountability of taxpayers to the transportation expenditures.
- The transport that leaves Scotland behind. // Public Finance;04/13/2001, p12
Reports on the low allocation for transport funds in Scotland. Opinion of the chairman of the government's Commission for Integrated Transport; Comparison to the high regard for transport budget in England.