Dorm Leads Tax-Backed N.Y. Deals
- Oregon Legislators Push Income Tax Hike, Tobacco Debt Sale. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31474, p4
Reports the authorization to issue bonds secured in tobacco settlement proceeds and for an increase in income tax by the lawmakers in Oregon. Creation of a rainy-day fund for the state and increase cigarette taxes; Payment of the general obligation bonds; Increase in the personal income tax...
- N.Y. Budget Mess Keeps PIT Bonds at Bay. Phillips, Ted // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/16/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 26, p12
The article focuses on the sales condition of personal income tax (PIT) bonds in New York.
- Bonds can beat tax rises. Jago, Margaret // Money Marketing;3/11/2010, p45
The article offers information on how bond investment can aid high-earners probably to be hit by imminent income tax rises in Great Britain.
- Taxman Cometh: Utah Legislature Passes Measure to Tax Out-of-State Munis. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/22/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31166, p5
Reports on the Utah Legislature's approval of a measure that would force in-state investors to pay income tax on bonds purchased from out-of-state issuers. Representative Greg Curtis' introduction of the bill in 2001; States that do not levy income taxes on interest earned on out-of-state bonds.
- Industry, Calif., Agency Set to Issue $197M Refunding. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;3/28/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31354, p3
Reports on the decision of the Industry Urban-Development Agency of California to hold competitive sale of tax allocation refunding bonds. Usage of proceeds from the sale of bonds; Details of parties involved in the sales deal; Brief description of the sales procedure.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;5/23/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31392, p29
Reports developments on bond use as of May 2002 in the U.S. Exemption of corporation from federal income taxation; Decrease in the revenue of Atlanta; Plan selling of general obligation bonds by the city of Atlanta.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/11/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31468, p37
Reports developments on bond issues in the U.S. as of September 2002. Amount of general obligation bonds for construction project payments in Chicago, Illinois; Removal of the top opponents to a casino in Rosemont from the Illinois Gaming Board by Governor George Ryan; Amount of tax revenue...
- S&P Revises Outlook on Oregon's GO Debt to Negative. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;10/3/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31484, p29
Reports the outlook in the general obligation bonds to finance housing for the elderly and disabled in Oregon. Implementation of the proposed budget corrections; Increase of the personal income tax rates; Diversification of the economic base.
- N.Y. State, City Issuers Plan on Selling $9B in 3Q. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;7/7/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32913, p7
The article reports on the plan of the New York State and borrowing authorities of New York City to sell up to $9.04 billion of debt in the third quarter of 2008. $5.76 billion of the debt will be new money and $3.29 billion will be refunding. According to the article, New York City will sell...