- Black Gulf War Vet Co-Piloted Flight 93 That Thwarted Hijackers. // Jet;10/8/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 17, p8
Profiles African American pilot Leroy Homer who co-piloted United Airlines Flight 93, which was hijacked by terrorists and crashed outside of Shanksville, Pennsylvania, killing the 44 people onboard.
- REMEMBERING VICTIMS OF THE 9/11 TRAGEDY. // Ebony;Dec2001, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p10
Features the several Afro-Americans who became victims of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States. Leroy Homer, co-pilot of United Airlines Flight 93; Wanda Green, a flight attendant of the United Airlines Flight 93; Rodney Dickens, who was on American Airlines Flight 77.
- LEROY HOMER 1965 -2001. // BLACFAX;Summer 2007, Vol. 11 Issue 48, p14
The article presents information on a letter written to the journal in response to an article about LeRoy Homer, who was the first officer on Flight 93, which crashed in Shanksville, Pennsylvania on September 11, 2001. The writer of the letter, Homer's brother, thanked the journal for writing...
- Black publishers honor leaders and heroes. // New York Amsterdam News;3/21/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 12, p4
Highlights on the recognition of leaders and heroes with exemplary performance by the National Newspaper Publishers Association. Posthumous honor for LeRoy Homer, airline pilot; Celebration of the 175th anniversary of the Black press; Sponsorship of companies for the events.
- MORE THAN statistics. Myers, Burt // Ontario Out of Doors;Mar2003, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on the death of four employees of the Ministry of Natural Resources in a helicopter crash in northeastern Ontario on January 2003. Brief information about the employees who died in the crash; Experience of the author while travelling in aircrafts; Implications of the crash for the...
- Choice of law. // International Law Update;Sep99, Vol. 5, p114
Reports on the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit's ruling in a wrongful death litigation by a Colombian plaintiff against American Airlines over an air crash in Colombia.
- Close to Home. Garrison, Peter // Flying;May2012, Vol. 139 Issue 5, p36
The article reports on the crash of a Cirrus SR22 aircraft in which the three occupants, including the pilot, his 30-year-old daughter and a woman friend, have died instantly in the crash.
- Next generation. // Business News New Jersey;4/17/96, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p3
Reports on the death of three New Jersey company executives due to an aircrash in the Balkan Peninsula. Management plans of the companies.
- Tragedy teaches us tough lessons. Croisdale, Frank Thomas // Niagara Falls Reporter;2/17/2009, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p5
The article shares the author's insights on the crash incident of Continental Connection Flight 3407 in Clarence Center in Buffalo, New York on February 12, 2009. He asserts that all 49 people on board, including crews and passengers, died. He cites that various families and friends were...