Acquisition skills at General Growth
- General Growth searches for Sears store replacement vendors. Wood, Gigi // Corridor Business Journal;3/5/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 33, p5
The article presents information on the acquisition of the store departments of the Sears Holdings Corp. by the General Growth Properties Inc.
- General Growth hooks JP. Groover, Joel // Shopping Center World;Apr2002, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p10
Reports that General Growth Properties Inc. will acquire JP Realty Inc. Value of the deal; Expectations to raise overall occupancy rate.
- NEWS BRIEFS. // National Real Estate Investor;Dec2002, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p10
Reports developments related to real estate industries in the U.S. as of December 2002. Acquisition of Glendale Galleria by General Growth Properties Inc.; Expansion plan of Barcelï¿½ Crestline Corp.; Plan of Equity One Inc. to acquire IRT Property CO.
- Simon's bid roils retailing. Schouten, Cory // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/22/2010, Vol. 30 Issue 52, p3
The article reports on the implication of the 10 billion U.S. dollars acquisition by Indianapolis, Indiana-based Simon Property Group Inc. of bankrupt General Growth Properties Inc. for the shopping mall industry in the U.S. It indicates that the acquisition will give the buyer ownership of 40%...
- 2004 It SIZZLED For Some It FIZZLED For Others. // Retail Traffic;Dec2004, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p33
The article reports that big corporate takeovers and reorganization in the United States made the headlines in 2004. People splurged on luxury items but were stingy with carbohydrates. Retailers and real estate execs joined the jet set, with trips to India and China becoming routine. General...
- STACKING UP. // Retail Traffic;Apr2005, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p34
The article focuses on the continuing consolidation of mall companies. The growth of some individual firms was startling as well, thanks mostly to acquisitions. Simon Property Group Inc., remained on top, but after four years with a relatively stable portfolio ranging between 184 million and 190...
- Big Mall REITs to Merge with $7B of New Debt. Thangavelu, Poonkulali // National Mortgage News;8/30/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 48, p10
Reports on General Growth Properties' acquisition of the Rouse Co. in Chicago, Illinois. Implication of the merger on the regional real estate investment trusts; Total value of the merger.
- General Growth's Rousing Expansion. Moin, David // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/1/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 93, Special Section p6
Focuses on the purchase of Rouse Co. by General Growth Properties Inc. (GGP) in 2004. Expansion and redevelopment plans of GGP; Remarks from John Bucksbaum, CEO of GGP, on the purchase of Rouse; Value of the deal regarding Rouse; Plans of GGP for Rouse; Advantages provided by the Rouse deal to GGP.
- Cloud Nine. // Retail Traffic;Nov2004, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the impact of the merger between General Growth Properties Inc. and Rouse Co. on Fashion Show Mall in Las Vegas, Nevada. Initiation of the Cloudburst 2005 show; Prediction in the number of party participants.