WALL ST still likes retail REITs
- REITS uncool in hot market. Culbertson, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;01/10/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p1A
Focuses on the performance of real estate investment trusts in the United States stock market in 1999. Growth of quarterly earnings of Duke-Weeks Realty Corp.; Positive outlook for Simon Property Group Inc.; Exceeding of stock analysts' expectations; Investors' preoccupation with technology stocks.
- Investors gain despite low annual growth. // Hotel & Motel Management;03/20/2000, Vol. 215 Issue 5, p22
Reports the stock market performance of the hotel industry in the United States from January 1995 to January 2000. Statistics on C-Corporations and real estate investment trusts with positive compound annual-growth rate (CAGR); Contribution of price appreciation and reinvestment dividends on...
- TOP 50 REITs. // National Real Estate Investor;Aug2001, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p28
Presents a chart depicting the ranks of real estate investment trusts by equity market cap in the U.S.
- Long-established lodging companies recover. // Hotel & Motel Management;05/03/99, Vol. 214 Issue 8, p18
Reports on the stock market performance of hotel industry real estate investment trusts in the United States as of May 3, 1999. Recovery of companies that went public before the year 1993.
- U.S. REITs post strong September performance. // SCTWeek;10/9/2015, p1
The article reports that according to the National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (NAREIT), U.S. REITs outperformed the broader equity market in September, in the third quarter of 2015.
- MARKET COMMENTS. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;1/31/2005, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p15
Discusses the condition of the U.S. stock market as of February 2005. Background on the market performance of real estate investment trusts; Estimated percentage of economic growth in the country; Expectations regarding large capitalization stocks.
- Stocks Survive Bond Sell-Off. Sorich, Annie // Morningstar FundInvestor;Jul2007, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p12
The article focuses on the performance of the U.S. stock market as of June 2007. It states that the long-term government category incurred a 2.4 percent loss during the period. It notes that real estate funds declined by 8.4 percent in June 2007. It mentions that the increasing global demand for...
- In search of income alternatives. // Dow Theory Forecasts;9/8/2014, Vol. 70 Issue 36, p1
The article discusses the trends in stock market and securities in the U.S. as of September 8, 2014. It states that real estate investment trusts (REITs) make up nearly 3.5% of the total capitalization of the U.S. stock market, whike master limited partnerships (MLPs) and other publicly traded...
- Real Estate ETFs: Well-Run Real Estate Investments Have Much to Offer. Scully, Vaughan // Investment Advisor;Oct2009, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p28
The article presents an overview for the real estate investment trusts (REIT) in the U.S. According to the Standard & Poor's Corp. Rating Services, the housing and stock market is low which put some businesses at risk as lenders are refusing to refinance maturing debt. However, REIT can still...